GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Mother Nature wins. I'll probably ride anyway, but I understand folks not wanting to. It does detract from the enjoyment level. So, the 3rd Georgia "Meet & Eat" has been moved to the 28th of March. All other details will remain the same.

Somebody suggested it, so I'm running with it. Our third Ga. Meet & Eat will be in N. Ga..

The place will be a large AYCE buffet with darn good food called "Steve's in Blairsville, Ga. Tentative date is Saturday, March 14th, 2009 at 1:00pm. On a Saturday, they can even give us our own room. The cost is about 9 bucks, which includes your drink.

Since it's in Blairsville attendees can slab it all the way coming up I-575 which turns into 515 which turns into 76. Or you can take the back roads thru the mountains.

For those without time constraints and would like to take a ride thru the hills, meet me at 10am, I'll lead you to Blairsville showing you some really nice roads and scenery. We'll be riding at a "relax and enjoy the scenery" pace. The ride will start from the parking lot behind the McDonalds at the intersections of Ga. 400 and Ga. 53 (just North of the Tanger Outlet Mall).

There is a gas station there so you can top off before we leave. I'll monitor Ch. 1, if anyone gets lost. Bring your brides and/or significant others. I'll probably bring mine.

In a later post I'll post directions to Steve's. It's just off the main road though.

Afterwards, you can slab it home or tag along with me again for some more new roads. Did I leave anything out?

Looking forward to it. Now, if Mother Nature will cooperate.;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Relax and enjoy the scenery? I might could get in on that one. I don't mind slowing down every once in a while. But 10:00, really, what's gotten into you Paul?:joke::joke:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Meetin' an' eatin'

Hey Paul, are the wives invited? I'd like to come over to Steve's with June and meet up again with you guys. Keep in mind I have trouble hearing and am a bit shy cause of that. June makes up for it tho.
My broken ankle should be healed up by then so I can get my boot on .

Jack

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'll think about the third once I've attended the second.

My vote would be to go with March 28th at noon. Keep it the same every month and all you have to know is where you're eating lunch and map out a route.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wives or S.O.s are more than welcome. I'm probably bringing mine.

The 10am start was for those who have to ride a couple or three hours to get to the starting place. We don't "all" live N. of Atl.:roll:

Let me check on the 28th. It seems like I've got something that weekend.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That sounds like fun. I'll try and get Lori to come along. Since it's not so darn EARLY.....she'll likely be up for it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
FYI.......here's a link to the restaurant Paul is talking about. It used to be called the "Cookie Jar". Now it's "Steve's" sumum, sumum, but Google don't know it yet????

http://maps.google.com/maps?near=Bl...-84.028244&spn=0.323608,0.681839&z=11&iwloc=B

As you go up 76/515 into Blairsville. whe you see the Home Depot on the left....Steve's is up on top of the hill on the right, quite a bit off the road. I think the turn is by the Waffle House. If you're goin up 129N into Blairsville, once you're at the square take the right turn off of the center of it (Wellborn), and you'll go right to it on your left.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come one, come all. It's an excuse for us Ga. boys & girls to get together, but everyone is welcome.

Still checking on the 28th. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
841 Posts
This is so cool......you guys realize don't you that if we keep this up for a few months we're going to have have a ton of folks coming just from all over just for lunch...

Ya'll come on in .....didyaeatyet?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
......you guys realize don't you that if we keep this up for a few months we're going to have have a ton of folks coming just from all over just for lunch...
I sure hope so, it'll be nice to meet, greet and eat with folks from everywhere...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe the place is called Steve's steakhouse now but I think they kept "The cookie jar" name in there somewhere as well.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got around to checking dates......Sorry to those who wanted it on the 28th, but the 14th, as least right now, is the best date for me to "get-r-done".

So it's the 14th. Refer to first post for details. Looking forward to it, especially leading some couples thru scenic N. Ga. to the eating place..

Who's in charge of the name tags?:lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts