GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a nice little road between Doss and Harper (West and North of Fredricksburg). The name of the road is Maner Rd I think. The one lane roads have bumps and gravel in a few spots. This is my first attempt with Windows Moviemaker. It is 19mb for about 4.5 minutes. Select 800 in the size window below the image for best results.

http://media.putfile.com/Texas-Hill-Country-Motorcycle-Ride

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I love it but I hate it. I love it because it looks like a cool backroad to let it all hang out. I hate it because it's the middle of the week and I have to work and can't ride. That looks like some of my favorite rides, if I were to slow way down that is!!! :p :p T. 8)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yak, good job with the movie maker. I'm tryin to get my Granddaugfhter to show me how to use it. :oops:
Strayed 2 weeks in the Hill Country this past March. Enjoyed every day of it. We'll be back.
the hobo

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou hobo.
A good piece of software is intuitive and I was glad to not need to crack a manual to use it the first time. I started with an .avi file taken with my digital camera. It is much easier that I ever anticipated. Windows moviemaker is a standard part of Windows XP so most people have it on their machine. I can't wait to shoot some video of the "Twisted Sisters" (Hwy 335, 336, and 337) out around Vanderpool, Texas. If you are ever back in the Texas Hill Country, make sure you do the Twisted Sisters.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Did "The Sisters" this past March,several times, alongwith a lot of FM & RM roads.
Went to Luckenbach,Cottonwood,OST & the motorcycle museum.
hilite of the trip tho was meeting TOM FINCH from this board, & a personal tour of the TAILWIND factory.
Stay safe,
the hobo

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
Good job, was that a deer that ran across?
And the Eagles rule

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
laen said:
Good job, was that a deer that ran across?
And the Eagles rule
Yes that was a deer, crossing from left to right. I hear that the ones you see are not the scarey ones. On open range land, you see sheep and cattle alnd all kinds of animals crossing the road.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Nice job..

·
Registered
826 Posts
Nice job, Yak. Maybe you could do a SS1K on it. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice video. Love the Hill Country. Your windscreen condition is typical for this time of the year. One Monday morning the girls at the office asked me about my weekend. I said I was collecting butterflies!!! They said "you don't strike me as that type". I said oh no! Dead ones on my windsheild!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I assume from the speed there was a LOE behind you.

I like the idea of the video. However, 2 things, 1) clean your windscreen before you take off the on the next video, 2) slow down just a bit. I know it's thrilling to push the speed, but you can also enjoy the countryside.

What about those cattle crossings? Any slipping?

All-in-all, I loved it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Besides cleaning the windshield right before the video (instead of at home), I also want to bump up the exposure so that my tach and speedo are readable. I was able to read my tach and speedo on my checkout ride around the block at home. Maybe my checkout ride was on a cloudy day with more indirect lighting. Next time, I will over expose the scenery a little to see if the tach and speedo are observable. I am using a Cannon PowerShot SD450.

I was not going that fast, only a spirited ride. I did not grind the pegs a single time, and the angle of the horizon never approached 45 degrees. I only had one small slide in the bumps going into one of the low water crossings, but the music covers up the sounds of tires skipping across the ruffle board high spots. No slides on any cattle guards. The road did not allow pressing the limits due to the bumps and gravel. There was not a single car observed anywhere at any time for the whole length of the road, which was much longer than the video.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You're my hero, great video.

Now it's on to "Yellow Wolf ", and a grudge match.

We can call it "the shootout", in the "Loan Star", I know it will sell.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
that makes me miss home alot, especially after the way this month has been up here in the pacific northwest. Really cool video :p :clap2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts