GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 2 weeks to kill before meeting my wife in the Keys.

I was thinking about spending a few days in Slidell, riding down to Venice and taking in some of the scenery around Lake Pontchartrain.

Grand Ilse might also be on the list before heading West to Lake Charles for a day or 3.

Not much into the "party scene" and my trips are limited to day rides since I have to leave my dog at the Hotel.

More into scenery than regimented tours. Any must see and/or places to avoid?

Never been... Tried it 2 years ago and ran into some mechanical issues between Mobile and Biloxy.

Thanks in advance

Ralf

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have not spent much time around Slidell. Anywhere on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain (Covington , Hammond north of those towns is nice wooded scenery. Grand Aisle is a nice ride. I also like riding Hwy 82 running east west to Cameron. That however may be to far since you are setting up base close to NOLA. Sorry I can't help more in that area. I know South Central & southwest LA better than where you are going to be.

Make sure you Eat at Katie's Restaurant --- neighborhood restaurant with an incredible menu. Make sure you get the Feta Garlic Fries. Here is their address :

3701 Iberville St, New Orleans, LA 70119

Have a great trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts