GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to trade. +4 Clearview GL1800 Windshield for regular height Clearview. My 2010 Wing had this on when I bought it, and the previous owner was 6-3. The shield is like new, no vsiable scratches.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Does it have the vent installed? I may be interested vent or no vent. I have a clearview that was +2 & had it cut down to stock height. That may be the option that would be best for you. Let me know:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it have the vent installed? I may be interested vent or no vent. I have a clearview that was +2 & had it cut down to stock height. That may be the option that would be best for you. Let me know:thumbup:
Yes, my Clearview has the vent. Did you cut the the shield down yourself? I was thinking of that option, but decided against it, due to uncompetence in cutting, ect.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm also looking for a replacement windshield for my 01 but I'd like your comments about the vent. In general, does the vent leak when it's raining and does it open when going down the highway?

Thanks for your input.
Rick

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm also looking for a replacement windshield for my 01 but I'd like your comments about the vent. In general, does the vent leak when it's raining and does it open when going down the highway?

Thanks for your input.
Rick
Rick

I love the Clearview. The vent is excellent, no leaks when it is closed. No, it doesn't open when riding down the road. I've never had a vented windhshield, and had no idea they work so well. After riding in a severe rainstorm a couple of days ago, found that the +4 height worked quite well, so will probably keep it. I did apply s special coating, which probably helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts