GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a 34 day road trip from Seattle Wa. down to Calif across to Florida up to Maine and back across to Wa with my best friend. We left May 17th and returned June 19th.
We bought our 05 wings in May of 05 and celebrated by riding cross country. We visited 34 states total and put on 10028 miles. The thing I wanted to bring up was that neither of us had one single problem with the wings. What a great, dependable machine. We are 64 years old and it was a once in a lifetime trip and had a great time.:lol:

·
Registered
698 Posts
That should read...64 years young...Congratulations on such a wonderful journey...you've actually just begun...May you have many more smiles coming your way...:congrats:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Fathog, I tip my hat to ya. I can imagine the extremes of weather you rode through on such a long trip.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Props to you sir :congrats:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Just got back from a 34 day road trip from Seattle Wa. down to Calif across to Florida up to Maine and back across to Wa with my best friend. We left May 17th and returned June 19th.
We bought our 05 wings in May of 05 and celebrated by riding cross country. We visited 34 states total and put on 10028 miles. The thing I wanted to bring up was that neither of us had one single problem with the wings. What a great, dependable machine. We are 64 years old and it was a once in a lifetime trip and had a great time.:lol:
Fantastic....that is the one remaning Certified ride I want to do....well, maybe a 48 in 10 or a Hyder to Hyder as well but....damn good show guys.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
:congrats: That's on my list of rides I hope to do! I'm not interested in the 21 day deal, just completing it on my on schedule!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
It's a good trip. I did it twice on an old KZ1000 Kawasaki. I did the official 4 corners in 9 days, 13 days total home to home each time. Even the KZ1000 had zero problems, but I expect the Goldwing would be a better choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts