1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not sure if this had been posted yet. Yesterday there was an accident when one motorcycle tried to pass a car and hit an oncoming motorcycle. Male and female on each bike and while one was identified as a HD, the other bike was said to be a Honda. Not sure if it was a GW but just a reminder to be careful out there.

https://ktla.com/2019/07/07/4-kille...orcycle-in-modjeska-canyon-area-in-silverado/

Watching the video, it is hard to see what the bikes used to be. However, the bottom of the engine is visible in one shot and it looks similar to the bottom of the engine on my '02 'Wing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My wife just showed me the article online with a stern/sad look in her eyes.

When I ride a on a road as mentioned in the article above I ride on the right 1/3 near the white line. The reason I do is to give some room to someone passing like the guy in the article above may have done.

RIP everyone in the accident.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,374 Posts
Watching the video, it is hard to see what the bikes used to be. However, the bottom of the engine is visible in one shot and it looks similar to the bottom of the engine on my '02 'Wing.
I don’t think it’s a wing engine. If you pause it and zoom in, it looks like it has a cylinder shape on the bottom rear. Oil filter shaped. Not sure of which Honda it is, but definitely not a wing. After doing a little digging, I’ve found that it matches a VTX.

Rest In Peace my biker brothers and sisters...☹

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sad need indeed. Can't tell which is North and South bound but atleast one lane was no passing and it was on a curve. Inside lane was restricted and accident was in outside lane. I've never seen an absolute head on cycle accident of motorbikes that stopped both cold in their tracks. My guess is visibility blocked by big rig or camper and out side lane couple couldn't see inside lane rider until they popped around the vehicle they were passing. Absolutely scary. Similar almost happened to me with a car making the pass, I was on the fog line with a trailer and could measure the miss in inches. I almost ejected myself so not take it head on but fought for the last inch of road surface and prayed. I was lucky, obviously they weren't. Do sad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They released the names today:

Regina Michelle Crowder, 48, of Fountain Valley; Jon Michael Schwarz, 50, of Tustin; David Mark Terman, 59, of Santa Ana; and Edith Mae Hegy, 62, of Elko, Nevada.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
One bike is obviously a Harley and the other looks a lot like a Honda VTX. I ride in the left 1/3rd of the lane most of the time, but change lane positions as needed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
7 riders killed in Randolph NH

Sometime before the fourth of July 7 riders were killed in a head on crash with a Large P/U pulling a car trailer. Surprised I haven:t seen it on this site. The riders were a group of veteran Marines on there way to a fund raiser. Area was devastated. A support ride was this past weekend with a couple thousand riders from across the area..So sad..

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Sometime before the fourth of July 7 riders were killed in a head on crash with a Large P/U pulling a car trailer. Surprised I haven:t seen it on this site. The riders were a group of veteran Marines on there way to a fund raiser. Area was devastated. A support ride was this past weekend with a couple thousand riders from across the area..So sad..
It's been on here, Sad. Prayers to all involved.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=449501&share_fid=5888&share_type=t

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
516 Posts
The incident you are talking about is in the OTE board section of this forum.

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/16-ote/449501-7-motorcyclests-dead.html

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
Prayers to the families

The Honda does not appear to be a GW

·
Registered
75 Posts
"Olivera said investigators believe the motorcycle that caused the crash —a Harley Davidson carrying a 35-year-old and a 40-year-old — was likely speeding at the time.

The second motorcycle involved in the crash was a Honda carrying two 60-year-olds, Olivera said."

CHP spokesperson said that the first bike, the Harley-Davidson, tried to pass another vehicle, crossed over into the opposite lane, and crashed head-on into the Honda.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Santiago Canyon Road is a really nice 12-mile motorcycle road near town so it has lots of bikes on it every weekend. It has some nice sweeper curves. Most have decent sight distance unless you are going too fast. Cooks Corner, a very popular biker bar, is at its south end. Accidents are fairly common, but this one with no survivors and possibly due to an error in judgment, is especially tragic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts