GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in awhile we hear horror storys about a sale on this board going bad.
I just finished 3 transaction there w/o a hitch. No paypal used...no money orders, just honest people involved.
McConnell, Gray Red Rider, and Indyhd......it was a pleasure doing business with all of you...:bow:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
All of my purchases and sales using the board have gone without a hitch. It's the honor system. I've shipped items before receiving payment on blind faith. All items I received were as advertised, and haven't received any complaints about items sold or given away for 'what you think it's worth'. I have not sold to those who appeared to be 'new' on the board, and likely wouldn't ship blindly to someone if A) the item was expensive enough that I wouldn't be willing to chalk it up to 'experience', and B) they had under a few dozen posts.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just finished 3 transaction there w/o a hitch. No paypal used...no money orders, just honest people involved.
What's the problem with paypal and money orders? How does using either make you dishonest?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nope, NEVER had a sale go south, from either end. Only saw maybe two sales that had a problem but the wrath of the board straightened that out.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just jumpin' in...

Using PP and/or MO's doesn't make anyone dishonest. I imagine what the OP means is he is willing to take a personal check or some other form of payment. Apparantly he will also ship before receiving his payment.

I too have had great success dealing on this board. I've also been on both ends of buying/selling and shipping/receiving before the payment was sent/received... Just a good feeling to know that this board contains some of the most decent human beings on earth. And, of course, they mostly ride Goldwings!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if the whole world was so disposed?

Thanks, Folks...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I also have had great success using the for sale board. Only one negative incident and found out later that he wasn't actually a Gold Winger anyway.:shrug:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Using PP and/or MO's doesn't make anyone dishonest. I imagine what the OP means is he is willing to take a personal check or some other form of payment. Apparantly he will also ship before receiving his payment.
That's what I read into it as well. Some people don't use PayPal for various reasons. I had separate members I sold mirrors to. I told them the price(cover shipping) and they agreed. I shipped the items before payment arrived, and in both cases I received more money than I asked. :thumbup:

I made sure it wasn't a mistake, and just got a thank you, and pay it forward. Stand-up people for sure. There may be some bad apples, but I haven't met them yet. YMMV

·
Registered
101 Posts
I thought about a buy and then...

The seller on this board casually said, tell you want it and I'll send it out in the morning and mail a check when you have time:22yikes: I thought, man this is a trusting place and you know what, as long as we can keep it like this, let's do it. I haven't heard of something like this for 30 years, let's keep it going!! The radio control helicopter forum I belong to was almost like this, send PP as gift, but after a while with new dis honest people coming in, we had to take all the precautions. Let's for once not make this post a peeing match and argue huh men?

·
Registered
700 Posts
All Good on all of my tractions...A Great Bunch of Honest People as far as I'm concerned...:thumbup:...:thumbup:...:thumbup:...

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's the problem with paypal and money orders? How does using either make you dishonest?
How the hell did you come up with that conclusion??? :roll:

·
Registered
226 Posts
My only comment on sales from this board would be for the seller to purchase the required insurance if you ship US postal service.

·
Registered
543 Posts
No paypal used...no money orders, just honest people involved.
How the hell did you come up with that conclusion??? :roll:
The way I read it with the comma seemed to imply that there was something dishonest about using paypal or money orders. I was simply asking for clarification, which I got. :thumbup:

I've made 3 purchases from here and all went smoothly, payment made with paypal or interac and shipment received. One was not quite as advertised and I've never been able to use the product because it would cost more to fix than purchase new but that was part of my live and learn process.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I think 99.9% of the people here are honest, probably a larger percentage than that.
If people get burned, they should call the person out on it, that way others won't suffer the same fate.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
All of my transactions have gone very smoothly and my hats off to HANDLEY as he sent me some pipes to try before i sent him any money. I sent a check and had some banking issues and sent him a pm explaining everything and still no problems with him as he was very understanding. My hats off to HANDLEY and others here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts