GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I discovered that the 4-way flasher button on my "new-to-me" '03 is stuck ... The flashers aren't on of course but I can't push the button to activate them. Any advice on fixing this?

Secondly, there is a blue, square button to the right of the flasher button ... I have no idea what it's for but you can push it in and it "locks" at the "in" position and then push it again and it comes back out... kinda like a "toggle" button. What does it do? Nothing appears to be obvious and the manual doesn't reference it anywhere.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You'll likely need to take that switch apart, clean it, and re-lubricate it.

The other button you are describing, sounds like the fog light button but without a picture, I couldn't be certain. Does your bike have lights in the lower cowling? If so, see if that switch is turning them on/off. :shrug:

Firstly, I discovered that the 4-way flasher button on my "new-to-me" '03 is stuck ... The flashers aren't on of course but I can't push the button to activate them. Any advice on fixing this?

Secondly, there is a blue, square button to the right of the flasher button ... I have no idea what it's for but you can push it in and it "locks" at the "in" position and then push it again and it comes back out... kinda like a "toggle" button. What does it do? Nothing appears to be obvious and the manual doesn't reference it anywhere.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll likely need to take that switch apart, clean it, and re-lubricate it.

The other button you are describing, sounds like the fog light button but without a picture, I couldn't be certain. Does your bike have lights in the lower cowling? If so, see if that switch is turning them on/off. :shrug:
It does have the lights, as well as the PIAA lights under the "nose" and the PO installed a 3 switch box on top of the clutch reservoir. One of those switches works the lower cowling lights so, maybe he just "re-wired" and now the blue switch does nothing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
left Haz button

I had both of mine apart a few weeks ago, just make sure u pay close to the details of how it comes apart, I didnt, it is an easy fix, took my stuff apart, wasted it in the sink, dryed put dialectic grease in them an back on the bike in an hour, but I had tom play with it, a little.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had both of mine apart a few weeks ago, just make sure u pay close to the details of how it comes apart, I didnt, it is an easy fix, took my stuff apart, wasted it in the sink, dryed put dialectic grease in them an back on the bike in an hour, but I had tom play with it, a little.
Thanks for the info ... can you give me a "play-by-play" of the process of getting them out?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,288 Posts
If you turn on the key and turn on (push in) the blue switch, do the hazard lights come on? Maybe the PO bypassed the stuck switch?

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you turn on the key and turn on (push in) the blue switch, do the hazard lights come on? Maybe the PO bypassed the stuck switch?

If he didn't, that could be an option for you. On my '06 the switch to the right is the fog lights.

My hazard button stuck "on" which was really annoying. Had to drive it home like that. I took the switch apart and reworked it, works much better now. will still occasionally stick but I can get it back off by messing with it a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts