GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got home from my holiday car trip to atlanta and nashville.

we did stop at sloan honda in murphfreesboro tennessee. on the show room floor was a new 2003 red goldwing that carried a price tag of $ 44000. it had about as much stuff hung on it as possible.

after my initial heart attack at the price tag, i looked it over for a while, and noticed that there were many more dollars that could have been installed.

so now i am wondering is there a better equiped bike out there somewhere.

loren

·
Registered
336 Posts
$$$$

I don't care what you say, I am NOT going to total up my accessory list. Beside, I would have to put new batteries in the calculator to add that many items.

:crew:

Jerry

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah What Jerry said !!!

I can believe it though

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
don't ya just hate it when your bike cost as much as a house ???? (well my house anyway) :22yikes:

I'm with the rest of the crew, I ain't adding anything up, I'm turning fifty this year, and I want to make 51 :D :D :eek:4:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Was it their Illusion Red bike? If it was, that is the bike they take to shows. There is a lot of money tied up in the stereo system on that bike. It had tweeters facing up through the soft rubber passenger armrest. If I remember correctly, like a 200 watt amp in the trunk. They were in the process of installing a 5" LCD screen the last time I saw it. Not to mention all the chrome parts that are available.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Even with all the crap I have on my bike, it ain't worth 44 Grand. I would never want to purchase a bike already done, what is the fun in that?

I think that Sloan just needs a show piece and a tax write off.

Bulldog

·
Registered
258 Posts
Imagine what it is worth when it is taken off of the showroom floor! $22,000? Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay. And I ain't payin' $44,000. It was hard enough to let go of $19,000

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya it sure was a bunch of items. here is a short list as best i can recall.

the bike was ill red 2003. trailer hitch, $ 8000 in electronices--lcd tv screen by alpine, xm radio, amps, tweeters, cb, cd, carbon fiber dash, chrome everything. custom boards, pegs. lights everywhere. baker wings all over. heated grips, switches and covers everywhere..

they pretty much took a bike and replaced all the parts.

i just got a zero mileage 2002 recently, i could have purchased three of them for what this one listed for.

loren

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Don,

I can't see your Bike in that picture. I think if you changed the background, it might help....LOL Is that a stealth bike?

Sure is a nice looking machine.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I haven't seen this particular $44,000. bike, but if it's dripping with accessories and similar to some photo's of some other bikes I have seen from Sloan's, I'd probably say no way anyway. I think the 1800 is a beautiful bike and I've certainly bought my fair share of accessories that I've added to personalize to my taste, but there is also a point when you can say "uncle" and it gets to be too much and too goddy looking too.

I also noticed that Sloan's basic price for a 2004 A model wing is $3,000. higher than what I can by the same bike for just 20 miles down the road, so I have to wonder if the accessories aren't over priced and installation charges added there too.

I'm sure there are some owners who might say you can't have too many accessories or too much bells and whisles and lights and whatever, but I sure can. I'll take a wild stab and say it sounds like this particular bike would be a turn off and not one I'd want to packup and take on a 5,000 mile tour in the wilds. Just a guess.

DaleC

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Sloan's

I have seen this bike a couple of times, they were charging 500.00 for chromed valve covers at wots, i noticed later that they raised the price to 560.00 or something like that. My friend had his valve covers chromed in indy for 120.00 recently. So with that kind of markup you can reach 44k in a hurry. hmmmmm, not me, not my money... JD :yw1:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting conversation. But I'm not going there! Like others, I have not added up what I have in my gold wing for obivious reasons! But I do like to show my bike at the rallies! :22yikes:

Crewsn

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bulldog:

We got more snow last night. I might have to bring it out and reshoot the picture. :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts