GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do you have any information about the pic ?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
There's a hill in Cincinnati (and I'm sure many other places) that makes going airborne like that pretty easy. I bet I could even get some air on my 10 speed on Rybolt Rd. I'm sure local folks in Cincy know what I'm talking about.

As a teen I used to take everything I drove or rode over that hill to go airborne, but now adays they put a new subdivision in that has an entrance to that road that could easily cause a problem. I sure wouldn't want to be pulling out of that new street when some goofy teen (like I was) gets air on that hill.

I didn't have air brakes. :shock:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was down there for Hoinke Classic and stayed at a motel on that road
Going to the bowling alley was a blast, but coming back was a little dicey after a couple of beers :wink:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Yeee Haw!!! (as we hear the background music and horn of "Dukes of Hazard")

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

I demanded there be no cameras present when I did this. I guess I should have gotten it in writing. :lol: :D

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Try Buffalo Ridge, since Rybolt is so built up. Miami Township Fire Department has picked up a number of dead or almost dead on that road.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The MOUSE wrote:

Going to the bowling alley was a blast, but coming back was a little dicey after a couple of beers
It would be bad if you killed yourself riding a motorcycle after drinking beer...then again it may add proof that Darwin was right....it would be a tragedy if you killed someone else.

Don't mean to be overly harsh, but making fun of, or even "boasting" about riding and drinking beer is wrong.

I love to ride....I love to drink...but NEVER at the same time.

Don't be stupid...don't drink and ride.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Wingit said:
After looking at this picture closely, I don't believe it's Photoshoped!
I agree, the shadow and everything including him standing are to perfect.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
At $20k (plus) to buy one, why in the world would someone subject a Wing to such torture... :cry:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Keghead said:
At $20k (plus) to buy one, why in the world would someone subject a Wing to such torture... :cry:
It's not torture. When you spend 20 thousand dollars on a motorcycle you have good cause to expect the bike to provide some sportin' fun. The Gold Wing will do exactly that, as several here can attest. Yeah, it's big, and will happily transport those sedated by inclination or age at a stately pace with near-perfect reliability until the bitter end.

But it is a thoroughbred, really, and it wants to do the kind of **** you see pictured a whole lot more than toodle to the DQ.

·
Registered
181 Posts
NJREF

I was down there in my car! - I don't drink when I'm riding my bike ! I learned the hard way a long time ago ( back in the 80's ) when I was doing more than drinking, If you know what I mean! It's just a hard road to handle in the dark when your headlights are shining into the sky most of the time.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wingit said:
After looking at this picture closely, I don't believe it's Photoshoped!
I agree! I've done quite a bit of Photoshopping and if it is...this person was good

1 - 20 of 21 Posts