GL1800Riders Forums banner

Notification by Email or Text?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a poll to see it most would like to be notified my email or text. It is set up right now by email. I guess this might work well for some, but are there others like me that would rather be texted? Here is you chance, vote for the type of notification that you would prefer.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND AN OHIO RTE!!!

Reactions: cycledude

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any reason both can't be an option?

@WingWing suggested we take a poll and see which way to go. I really don't know if it can be done both ways. :shrug:

You would be welcome to vote Murgie as you usually attend a couple RTE's a year. There are a few others that don't live in Ohio that would be welcome to vote.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Using text, I anticipate issues with validation...
..but then again only the Vertical Scope techs would know for sure.

(I could see you wise guys putting in your buddies telephone number as a "Haha".. ) ???
I can also see fixes for that but at what expense complexity-wise?

What I don't understand is the desire for txt over email. I don't even turn my PC on any more.. all my email comes to my phone.. I may be the exception but do many of you really not get email on your phone?

.. just wondering out loud..
?

Den

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using text, I anticipate issues with validation...
..but then again only the Vertical Scope techs would know for sure.

(I could see you wise guys putting in your buddies telephone number as a "Haha".. ) ???
I can also see fixes for that but at what expense complexity-wise?

What I don't understand is the desire for txt over email. I don't even turn my PC on any more.. all my email comes to my phone.. I may be the exception but do many of you really not get email on your phone?

.. just wondering out loud..
?

Den
If it is a problem don't worry about it. I have two email accounts and only one of those go to my phone. The phone email is only given out as a necessity. Everything else goes to another email. Because of the reasons the second one is used it is always cluttered stuff I am not interested in. I keep my phone email to a minimum. I only check email about every couple months, kinda like my Facebook account.

Like I said if it is a problem delete this post. No problem.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
If it is a problem don't worry about it. I have two email accounts and only one of those go to my phone. The phone email is only given out as a necessity. Everything else goes to another email. Because of the reasons the second one is used it is always cluttered stuff I am not interested in. I keep my phone email to a minimum. I only check email about every couple months, kinda like my Facebook account.

Like I said if it is a problem delete this post. No problem.
I still think the idea has merit and should bounced off the VS tech admins.. maybe they already have an easy solution.

Den

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Things re sure gettin' complicated 'round here... :wink2:

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I vote email I would like to ride down this spring and summer for some rtes and meet u guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to vote on the poll at the top of the page. If you would like email click on email and vote. I encourage everyone to vote for the way they would like it to be.

Looking forward to the spring when you can make it down. ????Maybe a RTE halfway???

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Won’t let me do from my phone or I just don’t know how to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t have tapatalk and I can see it on my phone. It must have something to do with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Looking forward to the spring when you can make it down. ????Maybe a RTE halfway???
Okay Boomer I'll meet ya in Grand Island Nebraska! @revrunt probably knows some places there.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Okay Boomer I'll meet ya in Grand Island Nebraska! @revrunt probably knows some places there.
Boomer/Pooch RTE in GI....

Awesome!! Let me know when... we’ll figure out a where!

:thumbup:

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boomer/Pooch RTE in GI....

Awesome!! Let me know when... we’ll figure out a where!

:thumbup:

:lol::lol::lol: That was directed at bartel55. :lol: I just had a talk with my CPA and was told I need to cut back this year or maybe I would. I already have locked in two rides for this year. 1. Darkside Rinde-in in Elkins WV and a trip to AK. I really want to go to TX in April and that is a maybe. :crying: I also would have made two more trips this year and that could have been one of them, even though I think you were joking Pooch. Grand Island is only 1,000 miles from here. Ten years ago it would only have been a one day ride. Now days maybe, maybe not a one day ride. Most likely not.

revrunt, I always like meeting members that I have never met before. I have ridden about that far a few times to meet up with someone for the first time.

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right now I consider the poll a tie. I don't think it is fair to count Pooch's vote, he lives almost 2,000 miles away. @Pooch is a friend but he lives a little too far away for a 5 o'clock Charley alert to help him. I don't think he has a private jet. :wink2: I urge all the Ohio guys to vote... which ever way you prefer. OH YES!!! The guys that live close enough to make it to our RTE's do qualify too. We have one that is nonresident that has voted and that is perfectly fine.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Everything else goes to another email. Because of the reasons the second one is used it is always cluttered stuff I am not interested in. I keep my phone email to a minimum. I only check email about every couple months, kinda like my Facebook account.
Tell me about it. Not that I have noticed....LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am making a poll to see it most would like to be notified my email or text. It is set up right now by email. I guess this might work well for some, but are there others like me that would rather be texted? Here is you chance, vote for the type of notification that you would prefer.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND AN OHIO RTE!!!

I just voted text but I really don't care. I don't look at the forum very often so most are over when I see them.

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just voted text but I really don't care. I don't look at the forum very often so most are over when I see them.

From what I have seen. I don't think it can be set up as a text. LOL After I was told I should take a poll. :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts