GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried 2 converters to convert my 5 wire isolating harness to 4 wires. Niether or them has worked. I saw a post on this not long ago but cannot find it now. It is a Bushtec V2 hitch and the isolating harness has power and all leads work from the Isolator. It has to be the converter but I have tried 2 seperat models. Any ideas?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I use a converter from U-Haul it is not a Hoppie or Wal-Mart special. It works well and my LED bulbs work good too. It has test LED lights right at the plug so you can see that the power is there. The part number is 13486. What I did was go to U-Haul and told them I wanted a converter, but I was sure it wasn't in their cross reference. It of course wasn't but a 2003 Accord was there and the converter I got was on the chart. :?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Richard,

If it is one of the units we make for Bushtec, our new 07664 will get it done for you. The new unit is electronic rather than passive as most are.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have an '05 and an isolator. I tried 4 different ones and NONE of them would work. I gave up and put seperate turn signals on the trailer.

2 Hoppy's, U-Haul, and one "off brand".

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
towmoter said:
I have tried 2 converters to convert my 5 wire isolating harness to 4 wires. Niether or them has worked. I saw a post on this not long ago but cannot find it now. It is a Bushtec V2 hitch and the isolating harness has power and all leads work from the Isolator. It has to be the converter but I have tried 2 seperat models. Any ideas?
What converters did you try?

From reading other's comments on this issue, not all trailers react the same with the same converter. My 40 Ford works fine with the U-Haul mentioned above. A few folks have reported that it didn't work for them. Hoppy's get the worst reviews, although some have had great success with them... go figure. It appears to be a crap shoot. Good luck.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I used the drawtite. I can't remember the number of it but ordered it from them on there site. I ordered the V-2 Bushtec Basic hitch from Hal and it came with a sub harness just like the EC but it had pig tail wires comming out of it so all I had to do was plug it in and test the wire outputs to match the drawtite. So simple even I could do it. Found the # of the converter it is the 18176 modulite.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You to all who replied. I tried 2 converters, it turned out they were both Hoppeys but bought from different places. I have checked with 5 U hauls and none of them have converters in stock. Lewis I think this is your Isolating Harness anyway so I went ahead and ordered the converter off your site.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I used all electrical connections compotents and it works PERFECT!

There tech support is AWESOME and a GREAT help.

Thanks Lewis!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts