GL1800Riders Forums banner

500 miles Sunday

614 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  wingnutzz 
#1 ·
I got up early to change the oil in the bike before winter comes, of course I needed to warm up the oil in the bike before I change it. Well one thing lead to an other. The trip down the road kept on going, the next thing I knew it was lunch time and needed gas also. With both tanks full I headed back home, but got side track again. Supper time was near and I thought I better call the wife which turn out to be a mistake. In a polite way she ask where I was and was I crazy for riding out in the cold weather for so long. I inform her that I was just getting the oil warm to change it, her respond was a match under the bike would work just as well. It was about 8:00 pm when I got home and decided it was to late to change the oil in the bike. I quess I have to get up early tomorrow to start all over again.

Somedays you can't win! he he he

Dennis

#2 ·
Dennis, Dennis, Dennis,

You really are playing with fire now!

When she does kick you out, come on down to NC. You can stay at our place until she cools off and lets you come home. :)

Bob E.

#4 ·
wingit84 said:
Thanks Bob for the offer, your about 500 miles away... again the right amount for the oil to get warm!

Dennis

There you go, then.......like Tom Bodett says, "We'll leave the light on for ya."

Be careful on that thin ice!

Bob E.

#5 ·
:shock: :lol:

Just another reason I'm glad to ride all year round, I'd be in the dawg hostel all the time for the warm up for oil change gimmick and the like..... The Admiral don't put up with any of that stuff, f I'm gonna try to pull somethin' it's easier to just let her know and then go fer it........ :wink: :lol:

Good luck next time Dennis, ya can always stop here before finishin' the trip to NC, we're about 4-5 hours out from RoBeth and the Mrs hacienda. :wink:

8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.