GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sitting here playing with my new iway 500c. Anybody know how to put it in the off road mode? I want to put more things on the screen than the 10 they allow.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Press the 'menu' hard button until you see the button for 'off-road' mode. You don't need to change to the marine maps if you don't want to...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon:
I tried that and I don't get a screen with an off road option.

1st push=Map menu
Buttons on this screen are Main menu,route via destinations,route options,
overlay data setup,my trails,cancel navigation,directions list,trip calculator

2nd push=main menu
Buttons on this screen are: system setup, gps status, pictures,transfer data, safety mode, device info, navigation mode, categories drawn

3rd push= system setup
Buttons on this screen are: screen setup, gps simulator, reset options, shuffle on or off, sound and voice setup, units of measure, language, repeat off or on

Thanks

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
What skin are you using? You might need to change to the 'Advanced' to get to the off-road menu (I don't have my unit in front of me right now)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Jon said:
(I don't have my unit in front of me right now)
Now Jon, that's the part that a lot of people are going to find hard to believe. Happy New Year. :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jon:

I only have 3 skin selections available, night mode, default, audio on map.

Don't worry about it right now, as the screen started jumping and won't stop :shock:

So i guess it's back to Lowrance for surgery :(

That's a shame since I just took it out of the box Friday. It did it a few times right out of the box and quit doing it a short time later, but returned last night. I have it powered up now and its not acting up, but common sense suggests that if it did it once it will do it again.

At least it's not riding season here yet. Plus I am waiting on some other stuff to arrive to send to you for the mods we discussed.

Have a happy new year and thanks for your time.

Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts