GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I are doing a 50cc ride in a couple weeks. Starting in Seal Beach Ca. (live close) ending in Jacksonville beach Florida.

For those have done this, here are my questions;
Did you go to a police station to get a police officer signature?
If so, what is the address and what are their hours?

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
My buddy and I are doing a 50cc ride in a couple weeks. Starting in Seal Beach Ca. (live close) ending in Jacksonville beach Florida.

For those have done this, here are my questions;
Did you go to a police station to get a police officer signature?
If so, what is the address and what are their hours?
well unless it is Mayberry RFD hours should be 24/7 BUT Remember you don't wait until the moment you are ready to depart to get the signatures,,, get them early even the night before Your time stamp from the gas station or quick stop purchase is your start and end times. And both times that I have done this, Jacksonville PD always had officers on the beach patrol that already knew what we wanted as we walked up to them with forms in one hand and a helmet in the other,,, last time he even gave us a very good short cut out of town to avoid most traffic.

It is considered a bit more in the spirit of the ride to get your receipt as close as possible to the beach at start and end point and for GODS SAKE make sure you actually look at the receipt to make sure it has the STATION ADDRESS IN FULL and proper date and time on the receipt,

Also try and knock down most of your miles at least 1200 to 1300 the first day when still fresh,, It is a nice metal thing when you have to wake back up with only a 4 or 5 hour nap and after riding for about 20+ hours and KNOW you are past the half way point.. You are doing it the easier way CALI to Florida Traffic in Jacksonville is way better that san diego when you are dead dogged tired

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
dosxx and stevegold just completed the 50cc, you might drop him a pm also.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jacksonville Motel

Another question, where would be a good economical hotel to stay in Jacksonville?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I did a 50CC last fall starting Jacksonville Beach. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just a block or two from the police department at the advice of the officer who signed my witness form. Nice clean place with a hot tub. If you google Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Beach it will show up with the address. Good luck on your ride!

Kurt

sent from my Galaxy S4 using Taptalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts