GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning an East to West 50CC ride for Oct 15th-16th. Anyone interested in joining me for a nice 2360 mile ride? Plan on leaving Jacksonville Beach Saturday morning around 02:00.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sounds like a blast. WIsh I could tag along. One of these days I'll be able to stop wishing and start doing.

Good Luck and have a great trip.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cc50

Have a safe trip... I did it last October on the other direction. My halfway point was Kerrville, Texas. Other thing of valuable was taking the I-12 around New Orleans. Try to avoid this area around rush hour traffic.

Good luck, ride safe and have fun.

California Kid
Southern California

·
Registered
283 Posts
My 50CC from SD to JAX was 2359, but I had to get from KY to SD to start it and then from JAX back to KY. Total for the trip was right around 5300.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good luck with the ride. Share your success story with the board upon your safe return. :yes1:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Chuck - Get some intel from Bubba1 & Flyguy as well....though both of those guys did W to E. Do you have SPOT? Looks like a great time of year...hope the wx hols out for ya!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This trip is going to be more in the 5500-6000 mile range. Vacation starts after work Oct 5th and I am becoming an IBA addict. The plan is to start collecting stamps for an IBA National Parks Tour and am going to just wander around the East coast for a bit. The CC50 depends on weather, a couple of rain drops is fine. A major storm or just still too darn hot in Gila Bend Oct 16th and I will bail.

TXREALTOR... Come on down. Meet you in Jacksonville Oct 14th and remember "forgiveness is much easier to get than permission".

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
TXREALTOR... Come on down. Meet you in Jacksonville Oct 14th and remember "forgiveness is much easier to get than permission".
LMAO I would love to. The 4 letter word called work keeps getting in the way. When I am at work I am definately out of pocket.

Thanks for the invite. I really would like to make that ride. I will some day, hopfully sooner than later.

Have a GREAT trip.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
<...>Vacation starts after work Oct 5th and I am becoming an IBA addict. The plan is to start collecting stamps for an IBA National Parks Tour and am going to just wander around the East coast for a bit.
If'n I was to get really interested, that (NPT) would probably be the one that could hook my wife as well...

Have fun, ride safe!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If'n I was to get really interested, that (NPT) would probably be the one that could hook my wife as well...

Have fun, ride safe!
Ken: Every night, after Grace has safely fallen asleep keep whispering in her ear "the NPT is a good thing". In a couple of months it will be her idea. Problem solved.

TXREALTOR: I am familiar with that four letter word you posted. Chicken?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
LMAO. Yea it kinda sounds like it. But when at work, I am a couple hundred miles off shore. It is a all or nothing venture. I'll be at work, so hard to sneak in a sick day.

I am happy you are feeling your oats, you may need all of them. LOL

Cheers

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO. Yea it kinda sounds like it. But when at work, I am a couple hundred miles off shore. It is a all or nothing venture. I'll be at work, so hard to sneak in a sick day.

I am happy you are feeling your oats, you may need all of them. LOL

Cheers
OK, You win. I guess a 200 mile swim, a 4720 mile scoot ride, capped by another 200 mile swim all in one sick day would be a push even for the ultra tough IBA rally folks. I will wave at ya on the way by,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts