GL1800Riders Forums banner

52749 fender extender

885 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jlk8204 
#1 ·
LOOKING TO EXTEND THE FENDER ,I HAVE DONE REPLACED 3 FENDERS WITH EXTENDED FENDERS, DOES THE BIG BIKE KIT WORK THAT HAS THE BRACE( 52749 ). WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY FENDER THAT HAS HOLES IN IT. I HAD THE TULSA EXTENDER ON ALL THREE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.:bow::doorag::shock:

#2 ·
Fender Extender

I've had my Wing 4 weeks now. I installed this on my front fender 2 weeks ago. It is a solid mount and really helps with the junk thrown up by the front wheel. I live on a short span of gravel road so this is important. I have noticed that more rocks are picked up and travel up through the fender though. I don't see them but hear the clanking.
Make sure to have your M6 tap ready before you start so you don't have to make a trip to hardware store in the middle of install. I can get the thread count (forgot) for you if you decide on this install.
Install took me about 1-1.5 hours (first time to pull fender on this bike).
Good Luck

#4 ·
I wonder why you had to replace 3 fenders. Please explain.

I have a gluded on Road Trip Esential color matched fender extention. No drilling on this setup.

The first one I hit a dead dog in the road at 4:30 in the morn. the other two I'm not sure what happened other than the wind flexing the fender and it has cracked in the same place all three times, I think it is a weak design, not enough meat in the spot that it broke. The warranty will not cover any fender with the extention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.