GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had new tires put on before my trip to Texas and some local riding. Upon leaving for the AGWA rally in Springfield, MO I had about 2K on the tires (Bridgestone G709 front @ 28psi and a PA3 in the rear @ 32psi). This part of the trip was me and a Neosho 19 trailer (loaded with wife's stuff), traveling with four friends we took all the back roads from Chicago area to St Charles, MO. The storm that night was so strong it blew leaves under all the bike covers. From St Charles we took some of the best riding roads in the Midwest, roller coaster hills, sweeping curves, and fantastic scenes in 99 degree weather. Leaving Springfield I traveled I-44 to Big Cabin the 69/75 to Ft Worth 106 degrees average speed 78mph overall average was 58mph. Left Ft Worth with wife and trailer heading home two days at 100 to 105 degrees average speed rolling 77mph. Best tire combination that seems to due well in heat and great roads.
Lastly the tire is rated at 1205 pounds load range, normal rear tire is rated at 900 to 925 pounds. Think about it.
:lol::evil:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: glad you had a safe trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
I had new tires put on before my trip to Texas and some local riding. Upon leaving for the AGWA rally in Springfield, MO I had about 2K on the tires (Bridgestone G709 front @ 28psi and a PA3 in the rear @ 32psi). This part of the trip was me and a Neosho 19 trailer (loaded with wife's stuff), traveling with four friends we took all the back roads from Chicago area to St Charles, MO. The storm that night was so strong it blew leaves under all the bike covers. From St Charles we took some of the best riding roads in the Midwest, roller coaster hills, sweeping curves, and fantastic scenes in 99 degree weather. Leaving Springfield I traveled I-44 to Big Cabin the 69/75 to Ft Worth 106 degrees average speed 78mph overall average was 58mph. Left Ft Worth with wife and trailer heading home two days at 100 to 105 degrees average speed rolling 77mph. Best tire combination that seems to due well in heat and great roads.
Lastly the tire is rated at 1205 pounds load range, normal rear tire is rated at 900 to 925 pounds. Think about it.
:lol::evil:
Sounds like you had a good trip. I glad everything went well. I have one question? You stated you run 28 psi in your front tire? Is that correct or a typo? I thought maybe you meant 38?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front tire pressure

Sounds like you had a good trip. I glad everything went well. I have one question? You stated you run 28 psi in your front tire? Is that correct or a typo? I thought maybe you meant 38?
Yes I am running 28psi in the front tire at this time, now with the new triple tree and bearings this may change. I just posted my summer rides with Michelin PA3 rear and G709 Bridgestone front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts