GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faith Riders Ministry is having the 5th Annual Blessing of The Bikes, May 17, 2014. At Buck Creek Church, 3788 U.S. Hwy 431 N. Calhoun, KY 42327. 8am Registration, 9am Blessing of the Bikes, 9:30 Ride to Pennyrile State Park, 1pm Lunch will be served at Buck Creek Fellowship Hall. Come out and join us and meet with your fellow bikers. T-shirts featuring the event will be on sale for $10.00.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Faith Riders Ministry is having the 5th Annual Blessing of The Bikes, May 17, 2014. At Buck Creek Church, 3788 U.S. Hwy 431 N. Calhoun, KY 42327. 8am Registration, 9am Blessing of the Bikes, 9:30 Ride to Pennyrile State Park, 1pm Lunch will be served at Buck Creek Fellowship Hall. Come out and join us and meet with your fellow bikers. T-shirts featuring the event will be on sale for $10.00.
I go to church and am a Christian. Our church is also having a "bike blessing". Not trying to be controversial but I just can't "wrap my head around" the idea of anyone "blessing my bike". I can understand blessing individuals that I believe have a spirit but I just can't understand blessing a piece of plastic and iron. My bike will stay home that Sunday. Actually it is me that is blessed every time I get the chance to ride the wing.:lol:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Ditto what you said bbalzer but these kinds of events do get some people that don't hear the word of salvation to come out and hear it. I will give it a pass for this reason. JMHO

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reaching Other Bikers

I go to church and am a Christian. Our church is also having a "bike blessing". Not trying to be controversial but I just can't "wrap my head around" the idea of anyone "blessing my bike". I can understand blessing individuals that I believe have a spirit but I just can't understand blessing a piece of plastic and iron. My bike will stay home that Sunday. Actually it is me that is blessed every time I get the chance to ride the wing.:lol:
Our goal is not to bless the bikes. It is to reach out to the lost bikers. It may sound by saying Blessing of the Bikes that we are asking God to bless a piece of machinery. But we are asking our Lord Jesus Christ to bless what is riding on the bike. If you would attend one you would see that reaching others is idea behind the event.

·
Registered
509 Posts
That is correct, the "Bike Blessing" is a tool to reach those who might not attend a "church" service. In most cases, the biker is told of the difference between a temporary blessing for temporary things and the Eternal blessing for all of eternity.

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts