GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Fort Worth RV Show this afternoon and was looking at Toy Box RV's. Has anyone had any experience with KZ and their Sportster models in particular? :?: We were looking at the 36' and 40' models with the 10' toy boxes.

If you have any knowledge of this manufacturer and their quality, I would appreciate the input.

KZ seemed to be the best product that I saw at the show, but just don't want to dump that much money on an unknown product.

the product line can be viewed at http://www.kz-rv.com/

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
We too are looking for a 35 to 38' or so 5th Wheel Toy Box type.

In looking around we have found that several are bringing out new "Wide Body" 102" units with Aluminum frame works in place of the old 2x2 wood walls etc. Most seem to offer at least one "Slide" and several have a Bedroom Slide too.

The one that has our attention is the Keystone Raptor 3612DS Wide-Body. So far none of the local Dealers have the new stuff in stock but several expect samples for an RV show early next month. We have passed up several Toy Box types due to the limits of putting our Hack rig in one and being able to get off of it and out the side door.
That extra 6" width it will make all the differance for us.

With the new 102" Wide Bodies you may be able to make a good deal on a leftover 96"s that may be in stock. Several makers arn't going to the Wide Body yet so they to may be forced to be more agrassive to move their stock.

Let us know what you decide on and I will too.

Jerry

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jerry, what part of the country are you in? Also, do you have a website for the Keystone?
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have owned a Keystone Tailgator for the last 3 yrs.
I am pleased with the quality and have only had 1 problem, that was with the control board in the refrigerator, Keystone gave me a new control board to repair it.
We used this trailer most every weekend for 9 months out of the year for the 2000 and 2001 race seasons. That was the last 2 yrs that I raced before deciding to give it up. My son and his hunting buddies also use this trailer every deer season to live in for a week.
Although I dont use it near as much now, only a few times each year, I don't plan on getting rid of it.

boB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts