GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... with a hi of 9* today and I think 5* tomorrow, I don't think I will ride in the next few days, how many more days to spring? :sw1: :snow1:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hang in there Silver. Just got back from a little 2459 mile jaunt to Florida and back. Great weather going down and while there, but a bit chilly on the ride back (37-45 degrees most of the way). I was bundled up with heated gloves, so never got cold. My face got a little chilly (only have a 3/4 helmet with a visor), but other than that - no problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Too cold for me

Our weather here in SE Texas has warmed back up today and throughout the weekend should be 50-60. I thought I was going to freeze earlier this week at 36 in the mornings.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't survive in the north with snow and ice. Too thin blooded and red necked. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
They say 2-4" for Kitty Hawk, N.C. today. I bet there ain't a snow plow in a 100 miles. There won't be any bread or milk on any shelf for about the same distance. It will be a state of emergency at the grocery store.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Lets see, its 6pm right now and its 4 degrees out. Going down to 10 below zero tonight. A little nippy but at least there is no snow in the forecast until Monday when a dusting of 2-3 inches is in the forecast. Hey, it's winter. Could always be worse.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've got to rag on you northern boys a little. It was 64 degrees when I rode the bike to work at 6:30 this morning, the high was supposed to be 69. I didn't check on the way home to see what it was. I just know it was beautiful out today.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry, I can't resist either. Right now (7:46 PM) in Daytona it is 64 degrees. Had some real light rain this evening but is going to clear up tonight with a high in the upper 50's to lower 60's tomorrow. This is a cold front for us. Sorry guys and gals...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Duane in Bakersfield said:
I've got to rag on you northern boys a little. It was 64 degrees when I rode the bike to work at 6:30 this morning, the high was supposed to be 69. I didn't check on the way home to see what it was. I just know it was beautiful out today.
Must be nice, however I've been to Bakersfield in July and August, and it gets way to hot to ride a bike in those temps(100-110 degrees). They don't call it Bakersfield for nothing. :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sure feel for all you guys there! High here was 86° and the low was a chilly 67°!! :twisted:

But, y'all have one advantage over me... at least YOU can sit on your bike in the garage and make vroom, vroom noises.
That and spend the winter doing all the projects you need to do before riding season rolls around. I've got a stack of things sitting in my garage to do when I get home.

So see... you don't have it so bad :wink:

·
Registered
990 Posts
What happend to global warming? It's 6 degrees here in NYC and it ain't gonna get warmer soon. Had to jump start the cat this morning. Screw winter. Can't wait till it breaks above freezing. LOL

·
Chard Member
13,046 Posts
What's wrong with those little temperature pictures? Many of them are saying "ZERO". Are they broke?

Not real warm here either this morning. I won't be able to ride until this afternoon! :(

·
Registered
837 Posts
It's warming up here this morning too. It should be a good day for riding. I managed to get in about 100 miles yesterday, (round trip to visit my mom). It only got up to 68°. Should be about the same today and tomorrow.

I'll sure be glad when summer get's here. :sun1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts