GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just return from the run from Medford to Corbett (20 miles east of Portland) for a little over 600 miles. I-5 running, high speed sweepers, flat and straight slab running, city stop and go traffic (I-205 at rush hour), tight twisty at the end going up the mountains from the Columbia River Gorge off I-84.

If I was not aware a CT was on the rear, I really would not have known. Generally the wing did like it always does, ride well, respond well, no drama.

With the different areas, the more subtle differences are that I feel is the wing is as responsive, but not as sensative...if this makes sense. It is easier for me to hold a line in curves, not as tippy at slow manuvering speed, softer ride..maybe? wife has not been on it yet for a second opinion. Ran the sweepers at various speeds, up to 90 mph and the wing is stable and planted...more so than with a stock tire (my opinion). Coming out of the mountains, I had a 3 mile stretch that had new chip seal with lots of loose gravel. The twisties had 25 and 30 MPH speed signs on the curves and loose gravel...YEA! what a 'test'.....Kumho is much more stable on the loose gravel. Even for that short of distance, I was relaxing on the gravel-lol.

All in all, no drama, better stable feel and response. Gas milage is about the same 38-39 mpg, hand on tire at stops and it is just 'warm', not excessively hot. So I guess I'll wear it out.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Gary,

Being DSer 006 you obviously have been at the CT thing for awhile. What are/were some of the other CTs you have tried and liked or disliked?

I like the Kumho as well. It works great for me.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gary,

Being DSer 006 you obviously have been at the CT thing for awhile. What are/were some of the other CTs you have tried and liked or disliked?

I like the Kumho as well. It works great for me.

Thanks for the report.
LOL Richard, I would make the same assumption....but!

I was metally prepared to swap on a CT back when I ask for the 'number', but the timing did not work :)

-first i had to get a spare rim, which I did from a trike shop...the rim had a new tire on it that needed wearing out....
-then when that tire was about done, I picked up a spare rear end which also came with a rim and (new) tire...which I needed to wear out....
-then, when it was about gone, I decided I needed Patch Boy stems....and I put an E3 on until I got them.....now I am ready!!!.....
-except when a new rear tire was needed, I put another E3 on (the reason escapes me now? LOL)
-so the Kumho is actually my first CT.....and I like it.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: and welcome to the Darkside Gary! Many safe and enjoyable miles!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts