GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
:( This guy must be Billy Lanes brother, it amazes me how many of these people are on the road killing and injuring people. Maybe goverment needs to enact a law that if you are caught DUI or under the influence involved in killing people behind the wheel a sentence of the death penalty or life in prison. That will never work though these drunks and drug users have rights LOL :cry: .

·
Registered
703 Posts
Released on a $1,000 bond! Give me a break. The least he will be charged with is 3 counts of neglegent homicide and under the infuence of illegal drugs. I'm sure there are other charges pending.

Ok, I get it; we accept the risk of this happening.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have ridden this road many time and there just is no excuse for something like this happening. It is a nice basically straight road out in the middle of no where Indiana. This guy should be hung and they just let him back out. He'll probably be driving drunk at some point again within the next month.

·
Registered
270 Posts
How sad, one of those killed was a doctor and father of seven, another a mother of four who lost her husband last year.

This is a real tragedy.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
I, too, am amazed at the bond of only $1,000.

Actually I'm dumbfounded. How can that be? Truly it's an injustice.

My heart goes out to the hurting families.

Bob E.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Goes to show you why all the Judges that can be voted out of office should be. Maybe then they will wake up.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Bond was $4,000 not $1,000. Should have been $400,000.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Somewhere around 30 years ago I was attending a social function with some relatives in Sweden. There were several people there who absolutely did NOT drink anything alcholic. They were the designated drivers. I think the first offense was (a) you forfeit your license for life plus spend some time in jail, and (b) the state gets the car. Period. No exceptions.

I like those laws. They work.

We kill something like 40,000 or 50,000 people a year in vehicle accidents, and a large percentage of those are a result of drugs or alcohol. Killing less than 10% of that doing anything else results in an enormous outcry and quick action to enact laws. When will we get smart, as a nation, on DUI?

Carl

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
We all should really Join the AMA...of the Riders Associations, they seem to be the only ones willing to put the money into Motorcycle legislation...Just my opinion...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
BlurplexOK said:
Goes to show you why all the Judges that can be voted out of office should be. Maybe then they will wake up.
Unfortunately, judges are usually lawyers first - and everyone knows what scum most lawyers are. Don't think that someone becomes pure when they put on that black robe. Get rid of one bad judge and there are plenty of scum lawyers to take his place.

I work in the criminal justice system and it sure is broken here in Tucson.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
My heart sank when we heard this on the radio while riding the 'Wing that day. It really struck home because we had just passed a parking lot where bikes were stopping for one leg of a massive poker run for charity.

I was reveling in the joy and community that they were sharing.

The news we then heard brought the emotions full circle in a matter of minutes. Thoughts are with family and friends.

Bradford

·
Registered
244 Posts
WHAT THE HELL PILE OF SH#* RUNS OVER HUMANS AND GETS OFF ON A $1,000.00 BOND ? THAT'S FLAT OUT BULLSH#*. There is no reason for that . That really pisses me off. You let me walk up to Him and shoot him and see if I can get out of jail for $1,000.00

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
These bleeding heart judges... should be hung along with that guy !
what the judge is saying " ITS OK TO KILL BIKERS"

cosmic

W

·
0 Posts
And yet I wonder how many judges there are out there that hate cycles???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts