GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought a 709 which we were talking about on here...Well to make a long story short..It wobbled from the start and only got worst with the first 150 miles...Took it back to dealer and they replaced it with a Dunlop Elite...Not to sure about this tire either only because I have never had one but the wobble is gone..And I am smiling again...

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I got a bad 709 once ...
.. the dealer (this site) took it back
and gave me another one..
... all was ok.

A defective tire can happen to any of them.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Last week I bought a 709 which we were talking about on here...Well to make a long story short..It wobbled from the start and only got worst with the first 150 miles...Took it back to dealer and they replaced it with a Dunlop Elite...Not to sure about this tire either only because I have never had one but the wobble is gone..And I am smiling again...
Jeez, I just had the exact opposite experience with the E3 and Stone. A new Stone cured the wobble with the E3. My theory is that the wing is very sensitive to tire defects regardless of the brand. It does say that the wobble is caused by the tire however. (not springs, bearings etc....)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeez, I just had the exact opposite experience with the E3 and Stone. A new Stone cured the wobble with the E3. My theory is that the wing is very sensitive to tire defects regardless of the brand. It does say that the wobble is caused by the tire however. (not springs, bearings etc....)
Just wondering if you have run an E 3 before and if you had any luck with it...This is my first time with one..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just wondering if you have run an E 3 before and if you had any luck with it...This is my first time with one..
I run them ad other than a little noisy on SOME road surfaces I love them. I've read on here how they do not stick good in wet weather but even pulling my trailer and scraping Hwy pegs they have never slipped. 6500 miles on them and no cupping and 6/32nds still on rear. I do run Centramatics and keep aired at 41 on both.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have E3s on for about 8000 miles now. Wearing very well, good grip wet or dry. No wobbles or uncomfortable ride. Howls a little in corners, but less than the original Dunlap did. Like em, will replace with new one's when I need to.

·
IronMan
17,802 Posts
Got e3 on front 14,500 on it looks like new runflat on back been readin and long as you keep them 40 n above wear well little hard ride ( feel ) all the bumps no cupping here in fl not lot of twisties been to nova scotia n trip to ohio happy with tire

·
Registered
474 Posts
Never had a bad stone, they have all been rock solid.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Have put on around 68000 miles on E3's and so far so good. Had one set that developed a slight wobble after the first 3000 miles. Went away with new tires. Never had an issue with traction, wet or dry roads. Been using the 70 series rear tire as it gives me a tad bit more ground clearance and trues out the speedometer, but I am going back to the 60 series rear when I replace the current tires.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Yes, I've had several E3's. I didn't have any problems with it. My bikes cups on the left side as most wings do. But that's about it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
At 500 miles on my new 2010 level 4 I replaced the stock D250 tires with Dunlop E3's because I wanted the higher load capacity. I have about 5K on them now and I am very pleased with them. They are wearing evenly with no cupping so far and no wobble at all. Of course it did not wobble with the stock D250s either.

Larry

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have put on around 68000 miles on E3's and so far so good. Had one set that developed a slight wobble after the first 3000 miles. Went away with new tires. Never had an issue with traction, wet or dry roads. Been using the 70 series rear tire as it gives me a tad bit more ground clearance and trues out the speedometer, but I am going back to the 60 series rear when I replace the current tires.
ID Wingrider--
I also run a 70 Series E3 and enjoy it. Out of curiosity why do you plan on going back to a 60 Series tire ?

TIA

Bob

·
Registered
284 Posts
On my first set of Dunlop E3's they seem to be wearing well, but the howling in the corners is emough to drive you crazy.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I bought my bike preowned from a dealer with brand new E3's on it. My only regret is that I didn't make him put something else on right away. I run a real tire out back and just yesterday changed out a G709 for another one. The one I took off had 14K on it and no cupping. The stinking Dunnies cupped and howled and slipped in the rain. I used to love the Dunlop Elite II's on the GL1500 too. You fellas ride what you want, and I will too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I run a Duro on front. Kenda Kruz on the rear. I'm cheap,,,,thank you.
no wobblies at all on the wing
doesn't make 2 cents to me what brand of doughnuts i hang on the bike. its just a motorcycle.
next set may be Kenda on the front. Duro on the rear. Depends which is the CHEAPEST at the time. :?: Tires all wear out, as well as can be a bit 'off' in regards to defects regardless of brand.

take care,
bc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts