GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday afternoon I left Pontiac Il headed east. Due to traveling on interstates back to Upstate New York. I made a conscious decision not to ride in the rain at high speeds for extended periods at night.

Leaving Pontiac Il at approximately 2:00 PM I rode the first day to South Bend, IN and left at the crack of dawn to arrive the second day in Batavia New York at 6:00 PM

I purchased Sunday hiking boots designed for wet weather at Dicks in Bloomington, IL and -40 Deg wool socks all for $32.00 I wrapped Knee Knack chaps around my lags http://www.kneenecks.com and pulled over a rain suit. Under my lined leather coat a sweat shirt from Disney. "Grumpy a real bad attitude" very fitting for the weather. I wore winter snow mobile gloves and I had 2 pair with me. Yes my gloves got soaked but over all I was very comfortable.

Tar snakes on asphalt interstates are the pits in the rain especially when wind is added.

Yes I have ridden in the rain before but 12 hours of it really takes the fun out of riding and really increases the concentration of the driver. Tomorrow I am looking forward to the last 275 miles without rain.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
No matter how well you are dressed for it, a 750 mile day in the wet is a looonnnggg day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts