GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 6 speed Wing, 2021 Kawasaki Z900RS, 2019 Road Glide
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a 7jurock windshield on a 2018+ Wing? I had one on my K1600 and I liked it a lot. I asked the "boss" how the wind was for her today and she'd like less wind. There are numerous windshields available (F4, Klock Werks, Cal Sci, Clearview, etc.) so I'd be interested in recommendations for passenger comfort. The F4 is the priciest of the bunch (at least $100 more than all the others).

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
I had the 7J on my Grand America as well. That was a very well made shield. I checked with them before ordering the F4. I was surprised they did not have one for the 6th gen Wing.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the 7J on my Grand America as well. That was a very well made shield. I checked with them before ordering the F4. I was surprised they did not have one for the 6th gen Wing.
They have them now......in 5 different heights, plus they are about $170 with tint.

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
I have the F4 shield on my bike....... BUT Just a suggestion, BE SURE TO ORDER A SHIELD (of your choosing) with an air vent all ready installed..... best (extra) money spent .............. Sure is nice on warm days, (cooling) OR long hours in the saddle just to keep you awake....(wind blowing in your face/if want'ed)

Ronnie
6/20/22

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
the only knock on the F4 is price...but you get what you pay for. my wife is very tall and was getting blasted by the air. the F4 recurve fixed that. and its nice being able to use a squuge and paper towels at the gas stations.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
I have the F4 shield on my bike....... BUT Just a suggestion, BE SURE TO ORDER A SHIELD (of your choosing) with an air vent all ready installed..... best (extra) money spent .............. Sure is nice on warm days, (cooling) OR long hours in the saddle just to keep you awake....(wind blowing in your face/if want'ed)

Ronnie
6/20/22
I also have the F4. I might just order a 22” from them. I emailed them yesterday to see if they still engrave bike names on the side of the screen. They did such a nice job for my K1600. The first one I got, had a tiny scratch in the middle and so I offered to ship it back via a call tag. They sent me a second one ASAP with no returns needed. Also, the price is acceptable for me. Very fair for the quality. Thanks !!!

·
Registered
2022 Blackwing Tour 6sp, Harley CVO Ultra - NW Chicago Burbs
326 Posts
I think I would opt for Clearview next time. I have the F4 and the visual defects are a bit maddening for the price. The little pock marks in your line of sight are mind-numbing when looking through the windshield. Also, the sharp edges really look 'unfinished', besides being sharp. I love the hardness and scratch resistance, but for for the money, you'd expect a little better quality control, Imho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone have a 7jurock windshield on a 2018+ Wing? I had one on my K1600 and I liked it a lot. I asked the "boss" how the wind was for her today and she'd like less wind. There are numerous windshields available (F4, Klock Werks, Cal Sci, Clearview, etc.) so I'd be interested in recommendations for passenger comfort. The F4 is the priciest of the bunch (at least $100 more than all the others).
I, too, had a 7Jurock on a K1600GTL and loved it. I now have their 24" on my 2018 Tour and the "boss" is happy. See my review on their website. The light grey was not available at the time, but now is, and I highly recommend it based on my prior experience with the BMW. It's an excellent product at an unbeatable price!

·
Premium Member
Honda DCT Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
1,481 Posts
Yes while the F4 Custom shield is more than the others, you will replace the others a lot faster then a F4. F4's don't scratch, which means you rarely replace them. I've had mine for 2 years now and it still looks new!

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
326 Posts
For those that say the f4 doesn't scratch, does that mean deep scratches or swirl marks/ micro scratches? I love when I have a new visor on my helmet but the micro scratches appear VERY quickly.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
I, too, had a 7Jurock on a K1600GTL and loved it. I now have their 24" on my 2018 Tour and the "boss" is happy. See my review on their website. The light grey was not available at the time, but now is, and I highly recommend it based on my prior experience with the BMW. It's an excellent product at an unbeatable price!
I saw your review. So, you are 6’1”? 24” is not too tall? I am 6’4” on an OEM seat with Utopia backrest. I added 2” to my 20” F4 with a pc of paper and tape and I thought 24” on the lower position would be a bit high! Not sure. I have to do it again.

·
Registered
330 Posts
For those that say the f4 doesn't scratch, does that mean deep scratches or swirl marks/ micro scratches? I love when I have a new visor on my helmet but the micro scratches appear VERY quickly.
no deep scratches, no swirl marks, no micro scratches. have had mine for 3 years, 40,000 miles. still looks great. and I wipe it, clean it, with anything - including gas station squeegees. like others said - you get what you pay for with an F4

Reactions: cc rider

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does your windshield have a "flip" or recurve at the top? It's hard to tell from your pic and the manufacturer doesn't have any photos.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts