GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
I had the 7J on my Grand America as well. That was a very well made shield. I checked with them before ordering the F4. I was surprised they did not have one for the 6th gen Wing.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
I have the F4 shield on my bike....... BUT Just a suggestion, BE SURE TO ORDER A SHIELD (of your choosing) with an air vent all ready installed..... best (extra) money spent .............. Sure is nice on warm days, (cooling) OR long hours in the saddle just to keep you awake....(wind blowing in your face/if want'ed)

Ronnie
6/20/22
I also have the F4. I might just order a 22” from them. I emailed them yesterday to see if they still engrave bike names on the side of the screen. They did such a nice job for my K1600. The first one I got, had a tiny scratch in the middle and so I offered to ship it back via a call tag. They sent me a second one ASAP with no returns needed. Also, the price is acceptable for me. Very fair for the quality. Thanks !!!

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
I, too, had a 7Jurock on a K1600GTL and loved it. I now have their 24" on my 2018 Tour and the "boss" is happy. See my review on their website. The light grey was not available at the time, but now is, and I highly recommend it based on my prior experience with the BMW. It's an excellent product at an unbeatable price!
I saw your review. So, you are 6’1”? 24” is not too tall? I am 6’4” on an OEM seat with Utopia backrest. I added 2” to my 20” F4 with a pc of paper and tape and I thought 24” on the lower position would be a bit high! Not sure. I have to do it again.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
Does your windshield have a "flip" or recurve at the top? It's hard to tell from your pic and the manufacturer doesn't have any photos.
I had a flip on mine and worked very well. Before I ordered the F4, I had looked at 7Jurock but they did not have any for the 6th gen wing at that time. I really liked it on the K. You will deal with Kyara Ramos, if you order one. She is wonderful to deal with. They will do everything to make sure you are happy. I remember her from the last time.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
618 Posts
I, too, have the OEM seat and Utopia backrest, and I can see over the 24" windshield in the down position if I don't slouch (important in rain). You should have no problem unless your inseam is 40"+ (mine is 32").
Thank you. I will play with a pc of cardboard on my F4 and sit on the bike upright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts