GL1800Riders Forums banner

90 or 94

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Gizmo 
#1 ·
Which would be the better way west from Wisconsin to Billings?

#3 ·
Go this way...I-90

I 90 would be a better way...

It is a little shorter (about 15 miles).

It goes through better scenery...

It avoids larger metropolitan areas (Twin Cities).

That should be enough reason(s) ....:thumbup:

#4 ·
Agree 90 - it is easier on the eyes. But if you have some time to kill, try US12.

#5 ·
Agree 90 - it is easier on the eyes. But if you have some time to kill, try US12.
90 and 94 are both *snore*. 90 will keep you out of miniapple. US12 is a good ride however last year I got detoured 3 times which I bet cost me 300 miles north south. 12 is really really good if you like round bales.

#6 ·
90 and 94 are both *snore*. 90 will keep you out of miniapple. US12 is a good ride however last year I got detoured 3 times which I bet cost me 300 miles north south. 12 is really really good if you like round bales.
LOL,I've seen enough of them around here

#7 ·
Thanks for the info everyone I'll be heading out 0500 tomorrow.:excited:

#14 ·
I gotta go with I94 because it's a smoother road, especially in ND, and the scenery gets rather nice once the road hits western ND and eastern MT. By comparison, other than the few miles where I90 skirts the Black Hills, there just ain't much to see along I90 in SD. Sadly, ND just can't come up with anything as goofy as the Corn Palace or Wall Drug! :joke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.