GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe how hot it is here on the coast. Don't remember temps like this in many years.

Rode a couple hours yesterday morning and a couple more this morning. I was soaked after both rides with sweat. Sure hope the summer storms kick in soon. It's been dry down here.

Everyone ride safe.......

Sent from iPhone

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
BEEN RAING HERE SINCE 1 - ORDERED SOME LD COMFORT CLOTHES TO TEST OUT FOR TRIP OUT WEST IN AUGUST - VEGAS - WILL POST HOW GOOD IT WORKS IN HUMID TEMPS - NOT THE KOOL 115 DRY HEAT :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
let me just call the waambulance. If you would have come up to Bryson City for the smri and stayed here like me you would have 63 in the am and 75 day.:yes:

:coffee1:

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
I WAS THERE - BUT ALL AINT RETIRED AND CANT RIDE AROUND THE WORLD AND ENJOY LIFE :roll::wrong: GOOD FOR YOU LARRY :bow::bow:;)

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Can't believe how hot it is here on the coast. Don't remember temps like this in many years.

Rode a couple hours yesterday morning and a couple more this morning. I was soaked after both rides with sweat. Sure hope the summer storms kick in soon. It's been dry down here.
well ya see.. that's why us "Florodytes" don't ride those so called air cooled imitation Gulf blown out oil rigs here in the summer..

.. in all those 35+ pages, no one told you they are "sweat cooled" in the summer?

.. lol.. that should be good for another 50 pages.. haha

I know I know, you're gonna claim you were riding the wing.
:)

Dennis

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
:roll::roll: BUT HE'S KOOL ON A HARLEY !!:bow::bow:;)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I WAS THERE - BUT ALL AINT RETIRED AND CANT RIDE AROUND THE WORLD AND ENJOY LIFE :roll::wrong: GOOD FOR YOU LARRY :bow::bow:;)
oops sorry I forgot about the work thing. Ewww .Maybe you guys can make it back in oct for the chili ride.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
GOT MY RESV. IN AT GRACEY MANOR :thumbup::thumbup: NOTHIN LIKE BRYSON CITY CHILI :22yikes:;)

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
oops sorry I forgot about the work thing. Ewww .
.. and more Ewww
I keep trying to forget, but that "man from Uncle" keeps reminding us..
.. no respect for his elders I tell ya..
.. lol..

Dennis

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ya see.. that's why us "Florodytes" don't ride those so called air cooled imitation Gulf blown out oil rigs here in the summer..

.. in all those 35+ pages, no one told you they are "sweat cooled" in the summer?

.. lol.. that should be good for another 50 pages.. haha

I know I know, you're gonna claim you were riding the wing.
:)

Dennis
Yes I was riding the shaker! Can't blame it. I get more air with it than the Wing.

Stopped for gas yesterday morn. Sweat was actually running off of me. Must have used 5 towels to dry it off. I stuck 3 towels under my helmet before I took off. It was 86 at 6am when I got up today. Yuck! lol

Sent from iPhone

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
:roll::roll: thats why we live here :wrong: 3 months crap - rest paradise .:bow::bow:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Been riding in low 70s to low 80s during the day and low 60s at night here in New England.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Been riding in low 70s to low 80s during the day and low 60s at night here in New England.
I guess that means all the snow finally melted?
.. when was that?.. last week?
:a13:

Dennis

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Rode both yesterday and today. Saw 95 on the bike display. Rode with MOST of the GEAR as always. Not that bad. You need to get outside more and get use to the heat instead of hiding in the A/C.

·
Registered
702 Posts

Everyone ride safe.......

Sent from iPhone
Don't get upset with me mentioning the obvious please, but why not buy an evaporative vest ?

It's hot as hell here in Ottawa today; far too hot to ride the Wing even with the vent open and the Baker wind wings blowing me off the bike. I remembered back in the '80's, I crossed Arizona in the summer months and the only thing that saved me was this evaporative vest I had at the time. So, on a whim, I went to the basement to see what was in all the old motorcycle equipment stored on the shelves, and ...low and behold..I found my old vest, still stored in it's original storage plastic bag. It didn't exactly fit me any more around the middle (I cant understand why..
) but it was in like new condition, and did zip up (as long as I don't need to breathe at the same time.....). So I wet it down as per the instructions and went for a ride, just to see what would happen.

Worked like a charm ?? Open up all the vents in your jacket, funnel air up your arms with the wind wings, and it was quite comfortable. If your core is cool, so are you.....

Gonna see what else is stored down there that I can re-use....

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Evaporative cooling only works in LOW humidity. Fla humidity will just make that wet vest feel worse.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Evaporative cooling only works in LOW humidity. Fla humidity will just make that wet vest feel worse.
Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot.

Now I remember why Floridians go from an air conditioned home to an air conditioned car to an air conditioned shopping centre and no where in between. And also why Canadians don't go south during the summer months....

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Sounds like time for a Polar Vest. Maybe I will sell mine.. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I guess that means all the snow finally melted?
.. when was that?.. last week?
:a13:

Dennis
Dennis I have had both my bikes out since mid March, rode my new bike home (30miles) January 17.

90*or near that every day this coming week, guess I wont be riding much !

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Dennis I have had both my bikes out since mid March, rode my new bike home (30miles) January 17.

90*or near that every day this coming week, guess I wont be riding much !
.. just joking back at ya..

REALLY wish I was in New England this time of year.
:bow:

Dennis

1 - 20 of 26 Posts