GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever see a 5-cylinder Kawasaki? Neither did I until this on popped up for sale on Ebay.

As you might expect, it was custom built (by Allen Millyard).

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
No thanks!:22yikes:

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
About the only person crazy enough to pay $45,000 for that would be Jay Leno. That would be a museum piece only, not something that is rideable for more than a few blocks. With the position your legs are in, your knees and shins would be resting right on the heads.

If you look at all the pictures real close, the bike isn't even in very good condition, at least not good enough to command a premium price tag.

I had a machIII 500H1

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
The picture is not showing up. Is it me?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The picture is not showing up. Is it me?
I changed the location of the image. If it doesn't show up now (see below), then the chances are good it is you.

In reposting the pic, I remember that Allen Millyard was the guy who did the Kaw V12 - another fun, if impractical, bit of customization.

·
Registered
476 Posts
One can only imagine what that 5 cylinder 2 stroke would vibrate like, the 500 was like holding onto a giant hornets nest when wound up.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Seeing as his opening bid is $45,000 and there are no bidders, I think he may have to lower that asking price a bit if he really wants to sell it.

A totally unique piece of machinery, to be sure. You would be the only one in the entire world with one.

Looks like something I would want to ride. But not enough to own.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I remember the 3-banger having the "hand of god" effect. It was fast up to about 4 -5,000 rpm and then god would reach down and slap the back end hard. At times it seemed like it was more of a unicycle then a two wheel motorcycle. Amazing we survived those times and bikes.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I remember the 3-banger having the "hand of god" effect. It was fast up to about 4 -5,000 rpm and then god would reach down and slap the back end hard. At times it seemed like it was more of a unicycle then a two wheel motorcycle. Amazing we survived those times and bikes.
Yup a powerband of like 1000 rpm!!! I had a couple of H2 750 flexible flyers!!! Just the sight of one 30 years later makes me shudder remembering the sounds, vibrations, the raw excitment of hitting the powerband and trying to hold a line around corners at any pace above a walk! :coffee1:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Pumpkin,

In case you need another shudder moment 30 years later. My 1972 H2, which a friend and I restored. My buddy worked in a Kawasaki dealer back in the day and probably assembled 100's of H2's in his time.

Take care,
Mike in NJ

·
Banned
3,711 Posts

Indeed I loved my RD400:yes1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts