GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday I posted a few photos during our snowstorm -- I ended up with 26" at my place in Woodland Park. As expected for a Fall storm, the four days afterwards were beautiful, with temps in the 50s at my place and lots of blue skies. Friends and I took a drive on Friday (the day after) and captured some great photos: Snow, mountains, Elk, Antelope, and an awesome sunet. You can check them out at:
Fall Snow in Colorado -- And the Day After

And a couple of teasers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great looking pictures Dav but that is just a little too much snow for the Goldwing. You sure have a great looking place with a beautiful view. I like all the wild life in your area. That was a very colorful sunset also. Thanks for the pictures, they were outstranding. Have a fine winter and enjoy the snow. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks

Dave -
Thanks for the reminder of how beautiful of a state we're lucky enough to live in. Also, thanks for the reminders of just how wonderful nature and natural beauty can be. Spectacular photos.
My impression from the photos is that you're a very fortunate man.
I'd love to have a house out in the boonies like that (great view of Pikes Peak) - but my wife likes to remain closer to the 'burbs. And, as long as we're both still working, we prefer shorter commutes.
Keep posting - please. Great way to start my day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your Snow!!

Dave,

Sorry, don't miss it!! Left Colorado in 2000 because you can't predict the weather anytime!! Including summer!! I like your pics though, just made me remember the mongo snow I experienced in Castle Rock, Monument and Black Forrest!!!

Lee Ullmann

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dave:

Beautiful, however, I do not like the "S" stuff. Been snowed in twice, once when I was a Freshman in college, that was at Monument Lake Park in Colorado and then in 1993 in Knoxville Tennessee when the big storm hit the east coast. Really like to look but do not wish to be there :D So, thanks for allowing us to look at all of your pictures. I do remember each time I was snowed in that everything was very beautiful but verrrrrrrrrrry cold :!:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CJS said:
It's not going to snow next July during Colorado Gold, is it??????? 8)
I can't promise that it won't snow at the highest elevations, but it would be very unlikely. I can promise that this one will be gone -- much of it is already gone!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Hey Dave,

If we had 26" of snow here in New Jersey, it would've paralized the entire State. I'm hoping that we just get 26" for total snowfall this whole Winter. Gosh, you got it in just one storm.

I hate snow with a passion. Then after it snows, I have to wait for the first rain fall to wash the damn salt off the roadways, so my bikes colors don't turn into a white haze, which spells maximum corrosion. Damn, I hate the snow. Did I mention that I hate the @#$%^&*snow?

I'm looking forward to meeting you next year at Rockies Gold. By the way, great pictures. I always admire whenever you post pictures.

Ride safely,

Mike T.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Italian Stallion said:
Hey Dave,

If we had 26" of snow here in New Jersey, it would've paralized the entire State. I'm hoping that we just get 26" for total snowfall this whole Winter. Gosh, you got it in just one storm.

I hate snow with a passion. Then after it snows, I have to wait for the first rain fall to wash the damn salt off the roadways, so my bikes colors don't turn into a white haze, which spells maximum corrosion. Damn, I hate the snow. Did I mention that I hate the @#$%^&*snow?

I'm looking forward to meeting you next year at Rockies Gold. By the way, great pictures. I always admire whenever you post pictures.

Ride safely,

Mike T.
Hey Mike. Fortunately out this way they don't use that much salt, but you know, they use a lot more than they used to. Seems that with all the folks that have moved here from CA and elsewhere, they now feel that they have to MELT the snow and ice off the roads. In the old days they's just plow it, put down a few cinders, and the sun would take care of the rest before long. Our rain is over until perhaps March/April, but I've already had about five snows already, this 26" one, but 3", 4", and 12" (wait a minute, that's only four -- I missed one). You would not believe it, but most of the roads are dry and clear as we've had temps in the 50s at my place every day since Thursday -- unfortunately the road up to my house is still a little messy (my driveway is clear) but I hope that it will be fine and that I can get a ride in next week (tied up the rest of this week).

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
As usual Dave, "Outstanding".......Man that setting sun shot is awesome.
Go ahead keep posting and tormenting us......LOL
I might visit and never come back to Michigan.......... :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Beautiful shots, Dave! You live in a gorgeous area. We were there for three days this past summer and loved every second of it.

We don't have any snow yet but the ride to work this morning was 16 degrees. BBBRRRRRRRR. At least I can still ride the bike as long as our snow holds off!

Paul H.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dave,
GREAT pics! The snow is so beautiful right after the storm, I loved the pics of the elk, what a heard...how close to your place were they? We only got 2" of rain out of the same storm here in sw nebraska. Looking forward to the ride this next summer. We are planning our vacation for that time so we can ride out and meet everyone. My SO sister has a condo in Dillon we may stay at while we are out that way. AGAIN Thanks for the wonderful pics.

RIDE SAFE

Kenny

Yellow is Faster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts