GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave, you've done an excellant job on the Rockies-Gold 2007 site! Thanks for all the pics, the routes, the comments and all else that you've done. The Mrs. and I are looking forward to this adventure.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Thanks much! I've been trying to get as much done as I can while I have a little time here and there. It will be great to meet a lot of you and see others that I've met previously, but what will be the most fun will be to hear the comments and stories in the evenings after folks have ridden some of the rides.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dave,
I’m pretty sure one of the stories/comments we’ll hear are those that took the Million Dollar Hwy between Montrose and Durango, and why the hell they couldn’t afford guard rails…think it was in the Red Mtn Pass area but not sure…lol.. The first time I rode that stretch of the road, I remember thinking, don’t sneeze Bill, or you’ll go right over the edge…took me a long time till the blood got back circulating in my hands… The second time I rode it, it was no big deal at all, but to be honest, I’ve still never seen the scenery up there, too afraid to take my eyes off the road…is it nice?…lol…

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I just want to add my thanks to the others. You've done a great job. I am truly impressed by the sheer volume of information you've provided, let alone the quality of the info! If the rally is half as good as the preparation, it's gonna be great! :excited:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Here here! The motion has been carried!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts