GL1800Riders Forums banner

A Bit Nippy

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rescuerick 
#1 ·
Sure is going to be cold today for the 1st day of March.

Those bikers in Daytona are gonna be cold AND wet...:eek:4:

Only going to be low 60's, low 70's Wednesday...:doorag:

#5 ·
But I bought them for down here, it's been so darned cold this winter. It's going to be in the 40's in the morning, so I'm, going out for an early ride to try them out.

-
I may need to pull my 'lectrics out too Brian. We have an all day ride planned for Tuesday with several oHIo Wingers. Projected low here Monday will be a record low of 29*. :eek: Bet there are some cold tent campers at the beach the next couple or 3 nights.

#6 ·
Drove to and from Jax from Sanford yesterday, saw LOTS of cold looking bikers. I am amazed though by how many had skid lids/shorty helmet with no shields etc., several no windshields (no windshields were almost 100% loud pipes) and lots of chrome. I admire that they took to the road despite the conditions. Of course there were LOTS of bikes on trailers and the trailers were in some cases nicer than our bikes. :)

Buddy of mine was complaining about the weather on his Facebook page and several of his riding friends made comments. One said how the weather wasn't "Harley worthy" and that they would have to "leather up" to ride. Frankly, when the weather's cold and you don't have Gerbings etc. (like I didn't and don't) you use Carhardts or a snowmobile suit, thick socks, snowmobile gloves and a full face with a balaclava...I've ridden in 8 before (not long, but did it!). You look stupid but it can be done! Fashion over form is for those who want to freeze!

#7 ·
Drove to and from Jax from Sanford yesterday, saw LOTS of cold looking bikers. I am amazed though by how many had skid lids/shorty helmet with no shields etc., several no windshields (no windshields were almost 100% loud pipes) and lots of chrome. I admire that they took to the road despite the conditions. Of course there were LOTS of bikes on trailers and the trailers were in some cases nicer than our bikes. :)

Buddy of mine was complaining about the weather on his Facebook page and several of his riding friends made comments. One said how the weather wasn't "Harley worthy" and that they would have to "leather up" to ride. Frankly, when the weather's cold and you don't have Gerbings etc. (like I didn't and don't) you use Carhardts or a snowmobile suit, thick socks, snowmobile gloves and a full face with a balaclava...I've ridden in 8 before (not long, but did it!). You look stupid but it can be done! Fashion over form is for those who want to freeze!
I ride for enjoyment not necessity. If weather does not suit me, I will wait for another day. I agree with you Scott on form vice fashion IF I wanted to ride in the cold. I am at the age where comfort is my choice of riding, not fashion...:thumbup:

I do own a set of Carhardts and snow gloves too...:thumbup: I threw away my snow shovel. :joke:

#8 ·
not cold enough

dispite that i think the wings OE electricks suck for really cold weather :wrong: i am looking towards the cold this week :doorag:
i drove back from sarasota on sunday(yes thru the storm front), st aug to jax on monday, jax to st aug tues am and back to sarasota tonight
bring it on baby
aerostitch suit makes me look like some sort of rusian space commander but hell i love it keeps me warm even in cold driving rain and gusty winds
just add a lectric vest and velcro grip warmers and away we go :coffee1:

will be returning from sarasota on friday just in time for the lunch in daytona and the dinner for the IBA in jax friday night

hope it stays cold and wet beats the hell out of riding in the heat
gotta figure out how to plug in a AC unit

but this is florida if you dont like the weather wait a while :popcorn:it will change

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.