GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contrary to false rumors and urban legend, Bulldog (Luther Hitt) is alive and well and still in Woodbourne, NY.

On Monday, I paid a visit to Bulldog and Meesh at their Shinhopples operation in Woodbourne. Although he has given up riding motorcycles and is not active on the Forum, he is doing pretty well.

Many of your attended some of the 7 Cats-Cade Ride-ins that they sponsored and know what wonderful friends they have been to the GL1800Riders.

Luther has had some health issues like many of us but was in High spirits and asked me to pass along to all of you his Best Wishes.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I enjoyed the Cats Cade rally...even though it rained nearly the whole time and I was sleeping in a tent...rode 1500 miles in the rain on that trip..:)

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
That must have been the same one my Dad and I attended, along with our ladies. Each pulling a kwikkamp, set them up face to face with a tarp connecting them, had to keep emptying the water that would build up on the tarp. Good times. Hal and Lamont showed up on new Suzuki M-109s, Lewis was doing some work on the air traffic controllers bike, and others, and Papa Preston gave a seminar on trailering.
I enjoyed the Cats Cade rally...even though it rained nearly the whole time and I was sleeping in a tent...rode 1500 miles in the rain on that trip..:)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Mr. and Mrs.Bulldog are two of the nicest people you could meet. A real "blast from the past" on this board.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
OMG! I also attended the Cat's Cade rally a few years back...( u just brought back some wonderful memories) I forgot about that...thank you

Ronnie

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
OMG! I also attended the Cat's Cade rally a few years back...( u just brought back some wonderful memories) I forgot about that...thank you

Ronnie
That must have been the same one my Dad and I attended, along with our ladies. Each pulling a kwikkamp, set them up face to face with a tarp connecting them, had to keep emptying the water that would build up on the tarp. Good times. Hal and Lamont showed up on new Suzuki M-109s, Lewis was doing some work on the air traffic controllers bike, and others, and Papa Preston gave a seminar on trailering.
It was good times...I met lots of members from this forum at the time. I also met Tom Finch and Fred Harmon for a moment there...Tom was having a problem with his rear drive and Fred was talking to him about it..man did it rain. Went for rides and came back to the tent and it would rain.I rode to Americade after the Cats Cade and only got one day with no rain...I finally gave up and went home mid week to get out of the rain and I finished up my vacation at home doing local rides in the sunshine :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
My wife and I also attended some of the Cats Cade Ride-Ins which were always enjoyable. I stopped and had an very nice hour visit with Bulldog and Meesh back in 2017. 😀

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Last time I saw bulldog (Luthor and Meesh) was at ATCGuy's wrench and ride down in North Carolina. Years ago, but a good time. :)

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I purchased mirror directional signals from Bulldog many, many years ago, and they still work like it was yesterday.......

(y)(y)(y)

Ronnie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. I was at all the gatherings...even helped out at Firemans Park a couple of years. But I remember a totally different bulldog....now meesh... she's a sweetheart!! I still try to stop when in the neighborhood for cookies and cold coffee. Great Folks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts