GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still not my cup of tea. But the 'Victory' has come a long way ..............

:arrow:

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have NEVER tried to be a forum cop, but 2nd post on a Goldwing forum is a Victory ad?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have NEVER tried to be a forum cop, but 2nd post on a Goldwing forum is a Victory ad?
You remind me of the attitudes my mother and I received when we moved to Salem Arkansas back in 1961. We were outsiders and slow to be accepted. I guess they felt threatened by us like you seem to be by the Victory. Hey, look at my avatar. I used to ride a Wing and I still love them but there is nothing wrong with change !!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I also got a Victory (King Pin) Just for my self. Have a wing too for me and the wife. Not a thing wrong with a Victory.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have a very truthful friend that loves his Victory 8 Ball. He went on a trip out west with us and said that the owners manual says the oil must be changed every 2,500 miles, he called the service manager and he agreed. He had to change the oil before the middle of the trip. Is that the case? If so, why on a touring bike, would the oil have to be changed every 2,500 miles? Honestly, Im not dogging the Victory but cant comprehend this.......... if it is true. It just doesnt make sense to me, even though the oil change was really simple.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Not the biggest fan of the V twin cruiser! But they look sharp!:thumbup:

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have a very truthful friend that loves his Victory 8 Ball. He went on a trip out west with us and said that the owners manual says the oil must be changed every 2,500 miles, he called the service manager and he agreed. He had to change the oil before the middle of the trip. Is that the case? If so, why on a touring bike, would the oil have to be changed every 2,500 miles? Honestly, Im not dogging the Victory but cant comprehend this.......... if it is true. It just doesnt make sense to me, even though the oil change was really simple.
That is rather strange. It looks like they changed the interval to 5000 miles.
New Victory Transmission
All-new Helical-cut gears reduce gear whine in fourth and sixth gears • All-new Neutral Selection Assist helps you never miss neutral again • New mainshaft design reduces driveline lash by 66% • Self-adjusting cam tensioners for more reliable performance • Extended oil-service interval for all models at 5,000 miles

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well for that style bike it is a nice looking bike. Beats the Honda Fury and the Raider.

Looks like they got one good looking bike anyway.

I would suspect two things with the oil change interval. A mistake in print for one and the other is air cooled machines would naturally have a shorter oil change interval. That oil even with the additional oil coolers that they all use now, gets pretty hot. So it would tend to break down a lot faster.

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
For a cruiser would rather have a Harley

1 - 13 of 13 Posts