GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of my job I travel along the Louisiana coast and visit with my guys before they get on the helicopter to go offshore. On some trips I meet up with people from the companies we work for. This happened last week. I met up with the safety manager for one of my clients and we started talking, as we usually do. Come to find out he is awaiting delivery on a 1975 BMW 750. He is all excited since he hasn't ridden in a number of years. He has read several of the riding books that we are all familiar with, already signed up for the MSC and plans on taking the advanced course after putting a few miles on the bike, already has a helmet, jackets, pants, gloves, etc. He talked excitedly about all the riding he wants to do, places he wants to see, etc. His enthusiasm was contagious. I started thinking about all the rides I've made just to eat a hamburger, including a recent 8 hour run just to pass off a baton in Mississippi with people I had never met, to people I have never met, the long cross country rides for vacations, and the spins around the block just to get out.
Last year I went to Rockies Gold and had a great time but didn't plan on going this year. That changed after our conversation. I actually have employees for one of our clients in Trinidad, Co. so I mapped out a plan to swing by and visit them and then on to Rockies Gold XI. I took my plan to my bosses and got their stamp of approval. So now I'll be off to Colorado in September and the best part is, I'll be gone for a total of 10 days and only have to burn 2 days of vacation... and they are paying for my gas on the trip up and back, plus 3 nights of hotel rooms. Now I'm the one that's excited! Funny how a casual conversation can lead to something great.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Wow, what great news for you. I was there at the Mississippi baton handoff. You guys hiring up here in Alabama? You have some great management. I just got back from a 10 day trip to Colorado but had to use a week of vacation. If you get a chance and have not been check out Mt Evans and Pikes Peak. They are well worth the ride and an experience you will not forget. Ride Safe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts