GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that I did not just dream this up, but a while back I thought someone discussed doing a cross country ride that everyone could join in based upon the amount of time and distance their schedule allowed. Someone was going to come up with a total ride and a schedule of where the group would stop for the night. You could then join the group and ride for a couple of days or longer. Riders would be joining and leaving the group as it progressed around the country. It was very likely that none of the folks that started the ride would be part of the group when it ended. It sounded like a great way to meet some of the riders on this board and participate to the extent one's schedule allows. I have not heard anything further and wondered if it is still a possibility?
Thanks,
Darrell

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds good

Sounds like a good idea, but like a lot of things only if some one has the time to work it all out.
R 8) T

S

·
0 Posts
Could this ride be the one?

Hi Darrell,

I know of a ride that many many join in as the group(s) find their way across the country and it is the "Ride to the Wall" where the group gets bigger and bigger and ends up in WA DC for the Viet Nam Memorial Wall.

I don't know much about it but I bet you could search online for the topic and see what comes up. I do know that from here in the Boise, ID area Paul Revere of Paul Revere and the Raiders (He lives in Boise) heads up the whole thing.

Give it a search and maybe it is the ride you are looking for. Who knows?
:wink:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Sounds fun to me, Lets get er done !! :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Actually Rolling Thunder takes place on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend in Washington, D.C. Normally 200,000+ bikes ride from the Pentagon through D.C. to the Wall.

Run for the Wall is the group that rides from Ontation, Ca. to D.C. They normally split into a southern group and central group. Their web site is:

http://www.rftw.org/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts