GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CA_Doug rode over from CA so we could install some new riding lights on his Wing. We had a perfect Wing day, pulling the top shelter and mirrors off, running the wires for his new lights, and then replacing the the top shelter and mirrors with the new lights on under mirror mounts. Only a few trips for parts and tools, one blown fuse, a little ass scratching, a lot of talk about Wings, riding, health, and life. As always, if I have my way, we had a couple of great meals, Middle Eastern for lunch and Bosnian for dinner. Sam the Wonder Dog had a good day as well, a new victim to play "tug" with and to give him belly rubs. It doesn't get much better.

Oh, BTW, the new lights worked first try....really doesn't get better than that.

CA_Doug has lost weight and is setting lower on his bike and now his windshield is too high, so I gave him my keys to see if he liked the WindBender. I'm not sure what he thought of the WindBender but his first words on returning was how much quicker handling and lighter feeling my bike was than his. Interesting because there had been no mention of it having the maxiMonty before he rode.

Today I'm back in the kitchen for some clean up of the base cabinet install but could change my mind, US 191 and a Bear Wallow hamburger keeps calling my name.

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
:yes1:It doesn't get any better than this

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
The bagger shield might be just the thing for him

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bagger shield might be just the thing for him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvWiPy7ptpE
I looked at it...did not see much reason for it but whatever floats your boat. The WindBender should be easier to use, it has four setting for the upper shield as well as the OEM settings for the lower shield, and I expect it controls turbulence better. Because while there appears to be a small gap between the lower shield and the upper I can not see anyway for the bagger shield to control the low pressure area behind the shield. Also QD is a board member and his costumer support is unmatched, these are new guys on the block so who knows. Pretty much looks like snake oil to me, but, I haven't ridden behind one so it could be the greatest thing to come down the pike.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
We had a perfect Wing day, pulling the top shelter and mirrors off, running the wires for his new lights, and then replacing the the top shelter and mirrors with the new lights on under mirror mounts.
No photos = it didn't happen. :lol:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No photos = it didn't happen. :lol:
It wouldn't have been pretty, two old guys, sweating and grunting over a LD bike, in other words one that doesn't get washed more than mine. Even Sam wouldn't have much to do with us by the time we finished. :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts