1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's about time that texting, even having the phone.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/16/texting-driver-hits-bicyclist-i-dont-care_n_5158966.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

This is one of those things that brings to mind a mindset of this new generation. Makes you wonder how many of the issues we have on the street are due to the same mindset as this girl. Remembering the 60s and the 70s a lot of motorists didnt feel we were entitled to our lane and have the same rights as a car
...on a felony while driving. A hard felony. And make the punishment stick. This b*tch should have been thrown in prison. AND pay for ALL of the cyclist's bills. And not just the medical ones. But it won't happen. Too many politicians are having their pockets stuffed by lobbyists.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
If the powers that be would quit handing out drivers licenses like they were candy and start taking licenses away from idiots like this girl that have no business driving, many of the worlds problems would be all but eliminated.
The streets would be less congested and probably populated with more polite drivers. Less fuel would be used, less emissions created, and most cities mass transit systems might even start to show a profit rather than being a burden on tax payers!

It will probably never happen though. Traffic violations are too big a source of revenue to be set aside in the interest of public safety.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If the powers that be would quit handing out drivers licenses like they were candy and start taking licenses away from idiots like this girl that have no business driving, many of the worlds problems would be all but eliminated.
The streets would be less congested and probably populated with more polite drivers. Less fuel would be used, less emissions created, and most cities mass transit systems might even start to show a profit rather than being a burden on tax payers!

It will probably never happen though. Traffic violations are too big a source of revenue to be set aside in the interest of public safety.
I agree but it wouldn't matter. She would drive without a license. There are many people who do. She doesn't care about anybody but herself. She got off way too lightly and now has no remorse for the suffering she has caused. I am all in favor of going back to public beatings in the town square. I think she needs to be caned like they do in other parts of the world. Surely she would regret her actions and remember the incident for the rest of her life as the victim will through no fault of his own.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Yes the girls attitude after the fact stinks. At least her license was taken away for a time down under. That wouldn't happen in the states!

Anyone want to explain to me how talking or texting on the phone is somehow different than you guys with junk hanging on your handle bars?.

We know you play with them while moving.
I agree. That's why I don't complain about the Honda GPS lockouts.
the only things I have mounted are my TPMS and my iPhone with Bluetooth off and weather map on.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes the girls attitude after the fact stinks. At least her license was taken away for a time down under. That wouldn't happen in the states!

Anyone want to explain to me how talking or texting on the phone is somehow different than you guys with junk hanging on your handle bars?.

We know you play with them while moving.
point made, no different. Talking on the phone is not the issue. It can be done hands free in any vehicle. Texting and/or driving with one hand is.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Do you think that this bitch's attitude is any different that some of the young drivers that we have on our own roads?

Limit the use of cell phones to 5 MPH or less and you'll completely eliminate the carnage caused by cell phone users currently on our roads.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Taking licenses won't help. I have read reports that 20 -25% of Maine drivers may be on suspended licenses.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Stupid stupid girl. She will drive anyway, most do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts