GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed a Phlebotomy Technician course at Pima Medical Institute in Renton, WA. I'm doing my externship now and, hopefully, will have a job soon.

One of the projects we had to do for class was to pick a Vacutainer tube from a box (without looking first to see which color top it had) and then come up with a way to explain the different blood tests that particular tube could be used for.

As it happened, I had just had new tires put on the Goldwing and the weather turned nice.

So, I mounted the ContourHD to the bike and made this video (easier to see in full screen mode)...

It might not be a great video, but it was a great ride! And I got a score of 100% for it.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
:clap2::clap2::clap2:good job!:congrats:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kudos Wife and I just recently rode to Johnstone ridge. Daughter and I rode to spirit lake the week before. Highway 25 is rough.
Cool music good video Shine on.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mike Now for the Red Cap video.
Good video Nice shot of the Mountain. Thanks.
Good luck with the future new job. Do you wear a Black Cape to work?:joke:
David
HondaMortch

·
Registered
868 Posts
now this has GOT to be one of the best funniest creative videos ever, loved it

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nice video. I was wondering what you uses to stick the tube in place, but the scenery took over and I didn't care. Good luck on the job hunt.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My granddaughter took the same training and has not done her clinicals. She's busy raising 2 little daughters. She's still taking some medical courses and hopefully can land a good job when the little ones are both in school.

The bloodletting should qualify both of you to work for the IRS.:joke:

2W

·
Registered
233 Posts
That was inspiring.

I too, shall skip going into the office this morning and then "think" about things while riding.

I might even skip on up north to the Kinzua viaduct mentioned in another thread this morning.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Very well done. Your passion is to perfection, I have traveled those roads so many times over the years.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Good choice on the classroom location. The visual props seemed to enhance the presentation as well. It's nice to see someone who is willing to sacrifice personal pleasures for the advancement of education! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I guess good job!? About those things I know nothing. However, having seen Mt St Helens before she blew, the blow zone still boggles my mind. Of course that doesn't take much, so did you gray top tube!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Outstanding presentation, an A+ for content and another for scenery...both visually and academically stimulating. The sacrifices some will make for the advancement of their education...

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Nice! The scenery, music and lesson scored a A+. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good luck with the future new job. Do you wear a Black Cape to work?:joke:
Thanks! No black cape for me. I'm scary looking enough as it is!

Nice video. I was wondering what you uses to stick the tube in place, but the scenery took over and I didn't care.
I used a piece of clear packaging tape.

ABG's is rough huh? Have you done any real life pulls on them yet?
We don't do ABGs in class. Too many risks involved for a bunch of student newbies! That comes later (maybe) if working at a hospital and only after instruction by someone much more qualified.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts