GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for the great pics and congratulations again. That one picture makes the road look very wide but not too long. :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice shots. I think I like the first and third ones the best.

Dep

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Nice pictures with the curves behind you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
wolf

So tell me, now that you have achieved fame, if not fortune, how can you

bare to sell the "yellow beauty"?

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Good job bud! Cool pics.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Rick,

The photos indicate how stiff your front springs are. Looks like you have a couple inches left in the hard turns.

I don't know what Mike's front suspension is, but it is more compressed than yours.

Your photos are glorious in the fall colors! I saw a mention of you selling the Wing. Seems to me that you are an inseparable pair! You have done more for the image of the Wing than any three other people. My hat is off to you.

Tom

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
GREAT PICS! I Would Love to Have Pics of Me, "Done Like That"! I Can't, She's always on the Back! Get A "WHITE ONE", next! It's only Faster if You Are Riding IT! Good Luck and "ALOT" of Happy Smiles!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mike is probably on the brakes at that point (especially with the trailer). That's a fairly tight downhill sweeper. It looks like the same Killboy shot that's in my sig picture and I remember having to whoa it up a bit to make the curve (the guy that was in front of me blew the curve and got his pic taken too :oops: ).

Rick is probably cranking on it pretty good at this point.....looks like he's about ready to start "flat-tracking" it.

Awesome shots Rick!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Bill,

Mike is pretty far around that bend and seems pretty relaxed. I have a few othr shots of this ride and Mike seems well positioned in each. He is two up and I do not know what all is in the trailer.

For sure Rick is comfortable where he is. Wished I could ride as well. I have these feathers that keep popping up on the back of my neck.

W

·
0 Posts
Take a look at YW pictures again and tell me WHY Honda ever stopped making a YELLOW 1800???????

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Mike,

Because absence makes the heart grow fonder. Of course, that is the way I feel about the 01 pearl blue. Yellow is not a color I would choose, but I would certainly ride it proudly if that was the color of my bike. It has a way of growing on you.

Yellow years:
01 yes
02 yes
03 yes
04 no
05 yes
06 no
07 no
08?

I think they shoudl always have :
Black
Pearl white
Pearl Yellow
Candy Red
Pearl Blue
Billet Silver

And then play around with the "colors of the year" after that.

The new metallic Black is beautiful.

The dark reds please some people a lot.

The champagne colors are always popular but I think are dangerously invisible. I have totally missed two cars in my path that were those colors, in the shadows of late afternoon when other cars behind them were plainly visible.

When I ride my 93 Teal SE, I get lots of compliments on the color. They have not had a green 1800 of any shade.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That is one beautiful bike! Thanks for posting the pics, Wolf.

Becky

·
Registered
977 Posts
Rick,

I am curious about where you made your turnarounds on your 24/1000 ride. I assume one at the store and the other, somewhere near the lake. Did you use any of the straighter sections of 129 that run along Chilhowee lake? Easy way to speed up a little.

Sorry to see that you are selling you bike. I have seen you many times at the gap but you always drew a crowd and I never got the chance to meet you. You will miss the goldwing too much and have another soon enough.

Take care,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts