pasquenell said:
As long as you can cut off that hideous muffler, screw the EPA
Kawasaki is known for their pumpkin launchers. :lol:

·
Registered
630 Posts
pasquenell said:
No friggin' kidding! That thing is HUGE!

I do like the look of the bike in general though. Can't wait to see one at the bike shows.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Why the ridges on the saddlebags? Its that kind of stuff that has a bike looking outdated quickly. But if you are into the power rangers and transformers, hell yeah!!! Thats hot!

I also think Sport Touring bikes look better with dual exhaust.

I don't think the FJR is being seriously challenged by Kawasaki.

G

·
0 Posts
pasquenell said:
It's not "Screw The EPA," it's "Screw the people that have to listen to you."

Hey, if you want a high-flow, single muffler, that's want it's going to look like.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One word for that exhaust, "Akrapovic."

·
Love The DCT
11,778 Posts
If the Concours 14 is competitively priced with the FJR, it is going to give the FJR a serious run for the money. More than likely, it will have more horsepower. The ZX14 based engine has variable valve timing, there are sub throttle valves in the throttle bodies that should smooth out the fuel injection, and the tetra lever shaft drive should greatly reduce drive line lash while riding the twisties.

From pictures, it appears the rider will sit more upright compared to the FJR, and the handle bars appear to be higher. Come April 2007, I'm adding the Connie 14 to my "stable."

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I already told Holly I just might have to get another bike. She just rolled her eyes. My only worry is if they worked all the bugs out of it. Now we know if it was a GL1800 there would still be bugs with it even after 6 years in production. LOL's

·
Love The DCT
11,778 Posts
ammeaux said:
How'd they get that light mounted in the rear tire. :wink:
Actually it's the reflector at the end of the rear fender. Front fender sure could be longer on the back side to keep all the road spray out of the large radiator.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm thrilled that Kawasaki has finally updated the Concours. I've owned 2 of them in the past, and they were very competent bikes. But give me a break - that muffler and the ridges on the saddlebags are hideous! Yamaha need not be concerened about the Kawasaki cutting into the FJR's sales - the new Concours is just too ugly. It's a shame too, because the connie was in sore need of an upgrade.

Doug

·
Love The DCT
11,778 Posts
The Connie 14 is certainly better looking compared to the K1200GT. The single muffler is similar in looks to what is on the FZ1, but it is longer. Perhaps it contains the catalyzer. It has to be large to flow the amount of gasses that it has to pass. (No pun intended) At least it extends beyond the bag so exhaust residue on the bags won't be a problem like it is on the present Connies. I can live with the raised grooves on the bags.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dat be my next bike... just got to get some jizzle for the wizzle, and little mo fizzle on the dizzle and we be set! :clap2:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
That freakin muffler looks like a potato cannon.

Shadow1
Hal

1 - 20 of 28 Posts