GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back yesterday from a 6-day trip through my home state, including 3 days of loop rides out of Montrose (San Juan, Unaweep, and Black Canyon). Always so much fun, especially with good friends. Began the trip with a ride down CO-149 from Gunnison though Lake City to Wolf Creek and Pagosa. Awesome!

All of the photos can be viewed at (still working on videos):
http://davet.smugmug.com/Motorcycling/Motorcycle-Good-Times/17362514_tSNgWV#1432821818_6bThXxn

A couple of teasers:

Million Dollar High headed up Red Mountain Pass north of Silverton

North of Red Mountain Pass dropping down towards Ouray -- Million Dollar Highway

San Juan Mountains as viewed heading south towards Ridgeway and Ouray; the Million Dollar Highway Awaits our arrival

San Juan Skyway: Lizard Head Pass area

·
Registered
356 Posts
wingnutzz, I had the pleasure of riding some of the fantastic roads in your home state about two weeks ago.

San Juan, Rio Grande National Forests, the Million Dollar Hwy and the entire southwestern part of Colorado is beautiful country!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Great Pics I have a question I stayed in Gunnison mid June this year and we rode over to aspen and back one day on the way back i took the same pictur as your number 57 and it was pouring rain 10 minutes before we got there and rained on us most of the next 30 miles

where was I at LOL i remember it was a little pull off with a bathroom

here is what it looked like when we were there just a little cloudy lol

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great Pics I have a question I stayed in Gunnison mid June this year and we rode over to aspen and back one day on the way back i took the same pictur as your number 57 and it was pouring rain 10 minutes before we got there and rained on us most of the next 30 miles

where was I at LOL i remember it was a little pull off with a bathroom

here is what it looked like when we were there just a little cloudy lol
That is on CO-92 along the North Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Great riding!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great photos and I certainly enjoyed viewing them. Just curious what camera was used. I've just purchased a Canon G12 specifically for on bike trips. Hope it is as good as your camera. Or maybe I should say I hope I'm as good at taking photos as you. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great photos and I certainly enjoyed viewing them. Just curious what camera was used. I've just purchased a Canon G12 specifically for on bike trips. Hope it is as good as your camera. Or maybe I should say I hope I'm as good at taking photos as you. Thanks for sharing.
These were taken with my Canon ELPH 500HS. I like it a lot. Your G12 should be as good or even better.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Aw man... you are killing me! Went yesterday to a neuro surgeon and he implanted a pain/nerve stimulator in my back and gave a stern order: "Stay off the bike!"

Someday, I am going to get a couple friends and make a ride out to that part of our country and ride those mountains! Beautiful!

I gotta find a doc that will tell me what I want to hear... not what he wants me to hear!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Always love your pictures, Dave.

I'm gonna glean from your tales and pics for my trip to CO/UT next year. Thanks for passing along your experiences!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Keep it up, Dave. I get "homesick" looking at these picures. For my money, Colorado and Hawaii are two states that pictures just not do justice. The roads are like none in the entire country! The only part that does not show in your pictures is the great smell of the pine trees. Wow! :thumbup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey we were there two weeks ago. Had watched Dr. Jim,s video and decided to ride Hwy 92. It was great. Stood there by that rail and took pictures talking to some folks from Missouri. Thanks for the great reminder.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Dave....you're killing us "less fortunate s" that aren't able to ride that beautiful countryside. But at any rate don't stop with the pics. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
That's lovely scenery. One of my workmates and his crew went there last year on a work trip. It was early September and the sun was still shining. They were there for about 10-12 weeks and got to enjoy the end of summer and some skiing too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts