GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2012 with ABS last week at Honda of Cool Springs in Franklin, Tennessee. I've only managed to ride a little over 800 miles so far, but that's enough to raise some questions.

--How do I increase the detail level on the NAVI system? I have to zoom in all the way to the 0.2 mile screen to see anything smaller than a major highway. I'd like to see those roads on the half mile screen.

--How do I get my favorites from my Garmin Zumo 550 into this system? Do I really have to ride to each site and enter it when I get there?

--Is the iPod USB connector tied to the NAVI? I've ordered a USB Male A to Male A cord to test this. It would be great to connect it to my laptop.

--Is anyone making aftermarket replacements for the lid on the little storage box where the airbag would be? I'd like one that incorporates a drink holder. Are those little holes in there drains? If so, I could cut a hole in the lid and fill the box with crushed ice to keep my Dew cold.

--Is there a cable adapter available to hang a mini RCA jack off the audio? I'd like to run the music and NAVI into my Etymotic earplugs.

This is by far the best bike I've ever owned. I am really enjoying the smooth power. This bike does not move around in the wind like my ST1100. I also like the concept of sitting up straighter and taking in the view.

The cruise control should help me avoid a few tickets on the highway. My speed tends to creep up when I'm on the highway on the ST.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morriebowie, thanks for that link. That little adapter will work perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts