GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had a day riding in which you felt out of sync? I, along with friends on a trike, ran the Dragon today from North to South. I generally feel that my desire to ride smoothly works out pretty well, but today I felt like a first time rider in those twisties. It took until the last five or six turns to feel like I knew what I was doing.
We rode 68 up to Tellico Plains, 360 North, back down 72 to 129 and felt great till the overlook. Took 28 back to the gorge and felt good there too. Maybe I have a mental block concerning the Dragon.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Have you ever had a day riding in which you felt out of sync? I, along with friends on a trike, ran the Dragon today from North to South. I generally feel that my desire to ride smoothly works out pretty well, but today I felt like a first time rider in those twisties. It took until the last five or six turns to feel like I knew what I was doing.
We rode 68 up to Tellico Plains, 360 North, back down 72 to 129 and felt great till the overlook. Took 28 back to the gorge and felt good there too. Maybe I have a mental block concerning the Dragon.
I have had days like that on mountain roads that I have good knowledge of. I feel it within a couple of turns. I just slow down and focus on smooth technique and in no time can feel the timing return.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
been there, done that! Sure i will again.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I used to feel that way with some regularity until the wife and I figured out what it was. If my blood sugar was low, I felt very uncertain about my normal skills, even to the point of being quite jittery and unsure of my own safety. Once we figured that out there have been no other episodes, as I am now careful to take care of that before getting in the saddle.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I too have days where I just don't have it. But I guess it is like that with everything....otherwise all batters would hit home runs and every throw by the quarterbacks would be perfect, and I would have a different lady every night! :thumbup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I too have days where I just don't have it. But I guess it is like that with everything....otherwise all batters would hit home runs and every throw by the quarterbacks would be perfect, and I would have a different lady every night! :thumbup:
Looks like your missing the downspout on the gutter....

·
Registered
409 Posts
I used to feel that way with some regularity until the wife and I figured out what it was. If my blood sugar was low, I felt very uncertain about my normal skills, even to the point of being quite jittery and unsure of my own safety. Once we figured that out there have been no other episodes, as I am now careful to take care of that before getting in the saddle.

Same here!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts