GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good product for cleaning the windshield, that also keeps it from fogging when going through a thermocline?
In the riding I do, I often go through areas where the temperature can rise or fall 6-8° in a very short distance. When the temperature rises that much, the windshield can fog up for a short distance. Has anyone found a way to prevent the fogging?

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
Quickdraw said:
More speed!!! Really, I look over mine, so it's a moot point for me.
Ditto stock OEM shield pushed all the way down, and looking over the way IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE DONE

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip about Rejex, and it sounds like a terrific polish. But, it doesn't say anything about it's ability to stop fogging. Is that quality just a side benefit?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
laen, if the windshield is supposed to be pushed all the way down, why did Honda make it adjustable in the first place? Is it another case of a design flaw, like the wobble? :)

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
Silverback said:
laen, if the windshield is supposed to be pushed all the way down, why did Honda make it adjustable in the first place? Is it another case of a design flaw, like the wobble? :)
ANSWER-For rain or for tall people.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use Plexus on my windshield and sunglasses.
It's website and info doesn't mention your particular situation in regards to fogging, but I have never had a fog-up like you describe.

Maybe the conditions haven't been just right, or maybe it's the Plexus.

In either case, here's the link: http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/frames.html

I usually buy mine at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
laen said:
Ditto stock OEM shield pushed all the way down, and looking over the way IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE DONE
Based on that logic, all cars should have a sunroof so the driver can stick his/her head out and look over the windshield.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
SHAVING CREAM

·
Registered
181 Posts
Based on that logic, all cars should have a sunroof so the driver can stick his/her head out and look over the windshield.
Yes motorcycle windshields are suppose to be looked over and not through. Cars have wiper blades and defrosting vents to allow us to sit behind them safely; other wise, yes ,we all would have to look over those as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts