GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Darn You.......I was perfectly happy with my Keltec 380 for the bike. Now I gotta have one of these. ;) :yes1:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Both my wife and I have installed saddle holsters on the Wing to carry our AK's and a couple of extra clips each. Where both licenced so everything is full auto. She has the advantage of access to the RPG on the back rack, but I have the lever to drop the stop strips.

Of corse we both pack 45 Glocks with three extra clips, backup .308's plus knives, clubs, tazers and pepper spray.

Never know what you might run into at the DQ.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Are you sure the wimpy 45 caliber handguns are adequate? I would recommend the 50 caliber Desert Eagle.

Both my wife and I have installed saddle holsters on the Wing to carry our AK's and a couple of extra clips each. Where both licenced so everything is full auto. She has the advantage of access to the RPG on the back rack, but I have the lever to drop the stop strips.

Of corse we both pack 45 Glocks with three extra clips, backup .308's plus knives, clubs, tazers and pepper spray.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Being "old school" I am still most comfortable with a double action wheel gun for serious social matters. My plain jane Taurus 605 .357 Magnum rides in my trunk of my bike right now loaded with some medium velocity 125 grain JHP rounds. I feel good knowing that if I ever (God forbid!) need that gun that all I have to do is pull the trigger. No safety to fumble with, no magazine to pop out on me. Just point and pull the trigger. I do like that.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Are you sure the wimpy 45 caliber handguns are adequate? I would recommend the 50 caliber Desert Eagle.
Keep in mind they are just side arms to cover our special AK series weapons and the RPG and that's just for a short range trip in the green zone around our home. When we go out we take the armored Surburban that carries real fire power.

·
Registered
362 Posts
firearms

I have not shot a firearm since I got out of the army in march of 1970. I see no need for one. I stay out of those places.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I have not shot a firearm since I got out of the army in march of 1970. I see no need for one. I stay out of those places.
Personal choice there mate. Not all of us live in the wilds of Colorado.

For me - this is my choice when on long hot trips. (But that pistol is tempting!

Sig Sauer P238 .380 ACP

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Ya know, ya gotta watch the back blast on an RPG.

I'm bald, but some people actually like having hair...

I'm just saying..

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
is that all u people think about is you f**king guns
We also ride motorcycles, what's your point?

It's kinda interesting...

Something like 50% of all goldwing riders carry a gun on a regular basis, so those of you who do not owe the rest of us a debt of graditude.

You see, Harley riders are not so commonly armed, and despite their image they much more likely to be stolen.

You can claim that that is due to after market parts.

Whatever.

Reality is that thieves know that if the wing rider you are robbing is not armed, the guy next to him probably is, so they pick a target that won't kill them.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Being "old school" I am still most comfortable with a double action wheel gun for serious social matters. My plain jane Taurus 605 .357 Magnum rides in my trunk of my bike right now loaded with some medium velocity 125 grain JHP rounds. I feel good knowing that if I ever (God forbid!) need that gun that all I have to do is pull the trigger. No safety to fumble with, no magazine to pop out on me. Just point and pull the trigger. I do like that.
HAHA, as long as the bad guy lets you stop the bike, get off and open the trunk to get to your weapon or walk out of the DQ and get it from the trunk. Weapons are no good unless you have immediate access.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I personally want a fairing mounted Minigun. I think the the 7.62 is overkill for my needs, so I am after the 5.56 version.

The real hold up on the project is that I can't find it in chrome.

Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts