GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very good friend of mine, and a fellow motorcyclist, has been fighting prostrate cancer. Today we found out it has spread to his bones and brain. I don't want to bring anyone down, and I probably don't even have a right asking, but I'd really like to request a favor.

I don't know how much time this good man has left, but I know he is scared and lonely. If any of you could see fit to take the time to send him a card, I know it would cheer him greatly. No, he doesn't have a GL1800, he rides a Wing trike. But he's a fellow rider, and more importantly, a wonderful father, husband, grandfather, and friend.

Thanks for considering my request. If you can, his name and address is:

Dallas Christensen
12601 Grandview
Overland Park, Kansas 66213

Thanks again.

Ed in KC

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Meesh and I would gladly do this small act of kindness.

Thank you in deed for letting me know about this need.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
ur friend

Ed,
We will certainly keep your friend in our prayers. Does he have an email address?
JD

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ed- Thanks for being such a great friend to Dallas, the world needs more like you. I too will send Dallas a card with my words of encouragement and concern. At this special time for Dallas, we should all provide the thoughtfulness and support that lets him know that he is in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all

I appreciate your help. I am checking on an email address but not sure if he has one.

Ed in KC

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saw my friend today

I just returned from a visit with this friend. He is very sad, but these cards you are all sending are really going to mean a lot to him. He loves motorcycles and motorcycle friends. While there, he asked me to help him sell his trike. I told him to hang in there and we'll deal with that later. I want to see this man take another ride, even if it's from the passenger seat of his trike.

Again, thanks to all who have sent a card or note and to those who will be sending one. You are doing a nice thing for a fellow rider.

Ed in KC

·
Registered
325 Posts
Consider it done

Card will be out in Monday Mornings Mail.

Brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
A Card...

Will get one on the way in the morning mail.. Thank you for letting us know and we will remember him in our prayers.. BJ

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone who responded

Dallas is continuing to hang in there. His doctor has started some new form of treatment. It's in the beginning stages so no progress yet. I had posted this original message on a couple of other GoldWing boards as well. The response was overwhelming. Dallas received cards and letters from all over the WORLD if you can believe that. He got stuff from Germany, France, Canada, and of course USA. Someone even sent him a book about motorcycles. He told another friend that he couldn't believe that people who had never met him would take the time to do things like this. His days were brightened for quite some time as he was getting a regular stream of mail for about a week or so.

His email iaddress is [email protected]

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to send him a message, card or note. You did a wonderful thing for a real nice, deserving man.

Ed in KC

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good Friend

Ed ,
I sent Dallas an E-Mail.... You are a GOOD FRIEND to do what You have done..
Ron,
Spokane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts