GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, This week has been great for riding, Sandie and I have been over a lot of northern California riding the Wing this week. My Wing is new and it is the first one I have owned and I find my self comparing it to my Cavalcade that I have had sense 85 (a great bike I might add). The Cade Had some minor handling issues that you had to be continually aware of if you wanted to push it in the twisties. This ment you mentaly stayed ahead of the bike for comfort and safty and this week I found that is not an issue with the Wing, I still stay well ahead of the Wing mentaly as always but have found no issues with it's handeling as of yet. I was Pleasantly Suprised Coming up Highway 50 from Carson City to Tahoe and going over the pass coming out of Tahoe (7000ft plus) that the Wing didn't even notice that the air was a little thin and ran as Thoe it was at sea level. Something else I found out on the ride home from the dealer after taking delivery in January was that the lower end torque and power was vastly superior to the Cade (that took some getting used to!). And as a side note I have been getting gas mileage on average of mid 30s in cold weather and this week in warm weather have gotten as much as 40mpg, and on the way home from Tahoe to the Bay Area......(mostly down hill after the 1000ft clime to the summit)........I got 49mpg!........I never got that on the Cade!!!!!!!!!! Mid 30s always. Well the week isn't over and neither is this Great weather, I guess we'll saddle up again and see what California's Highways and Byways have to offer us.

Al

1 - 1 of 1 Posts