GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang, its cold there today! Bundle up and have fun. Nice talking to you yesterday. Made my day.

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's 3 below here this morning. The Goldwing looked pretty cold sitting in the corner of the garage. I should have put another blanket on her :cry:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Me and the "Grape Ape" made it a nice 45 minute ride to work yesterday at 19 degrees. Love my Millenium Jacket (and no electric clothes!)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
AWWWW SUNNY CALIFORNIA !!............It is 28 outside,,,47 in my garage,,,,and 68 in my house...but the cold winds are blowin at 25 mph......BRRRRRRRR...it is gonna be a cold ride today...hope i dont shrivel up like a turtle,,,,,you know what I mean ??????

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Toyo,

Oh yeah, very cold -- and the winds are really blowing, so too cold to even go out to the hot tub.

Nice surprise when you called yesterday -- nice catching up on things. Really looking forward to some good times when you guys come out for Rockies-Gold, and maybe we can hook up in Georgia if I run down that way to get the Traxxion work done on my Wing.

Yep, the sun just came up and fortunately it is clear sky at my place, but temperature is 6 deg and dropping during the day I'm afraid. Clouds are sitting down over Woodland Park and on Pikes Peak, the trees (and everything else) are covered with heavy, layered frost from the humidity and cold overnight, and the winds are really howling. We got a dusting of snow, but the moisture will not move in until later today. Expecting several feet in the mountains west of here, but they don't know how much we will get.

As for me, the fire is roaring the woodstove and the refrigerator is stocked, so I think it will be another day for working inside the house.

·
Registered
917 Posts
A fascinating thing happened here today in sunny Southern California. It snowed. I think I've seen it snow 5 times in the last 20 years here. Those of you on the north or east see it all the time, but it was 36 and snowing here and that's news! I rode anyway. Put on my cortech insulated pants and rode it. Nice and toasty.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It is currently zero degrees here in Colorado Springs and I just shoveled/swept off the back patio and hot tub but agree...too cold right now to jump in. Waiting for a respectable hour to try out my new snowblower on the 3" that fell overnight...should blow it into the next county.

Will start the GW up today and let it run in the garage for a bit. :shock:

Bob

·
Registered
455 Posts
Another record high in Manchester , NH. The Wing indicated 55 degrees for most of the ride. Unbelievable for mid January. Went up thru Francestown past Crotchet Mountain Ski Resort. Spring skiing conditions in January. The riding may be over for a while, snow is in the forecast.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was 56 this morning when I got up here in southern middle Tn. Left home at about 12pm and went for a 200 mile ride. Temps reached 70 little before 3pm..

what a wonderful day!

course I have to work tomorrow but at least it is supposed to rain..

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Rainy! I think around 6+ inches for 2 days! Wintery mix, on the way!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
We are kinda in the middle of whatever is going to hit. Some ice reported north of us and our temp. right now is 34 deg. and raining.. We have had a 3-4 inches of rain the last 48 hours. Glad it was not snow...

Will be interesting to see just what we get...

Ross

1 - 11 of 11 Posts